Vegetarian Baked Beans
Vegetarian Baked Beans are cooked with a little bit of a kick added.
Servings 6 Servings
- 15 ounces chili beans - 1 can, NOT drained
- 15 ounces kidney beans - 1 can, drained
- 15 ounces cannellini beans - 1 can, drained
- 1/2 cup onion - white, chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce - Sriracha
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons yellow prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce - look for vegan
Another super simple dinner for the crock pot.
Put all of the ingredients in the crockpot.
Remember to use all of the liquid in the chili can and use prepared mustard, not Dijon or another substitute because you need the mustard tang to help cut the sweetness.
Cook 4 hours on low.
You can certainly double up the ingredients for larger groups and families.
- IF FREEZING:
- Let the mixture cool to room temperature and freeze in any of the ways I have described in my article Preparing Food for the Freezer
- TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
- Take out of the freezer and put in the refrigerator a few hours (about 6 hours) before heating. Heat in a large saucepan or in the microwave. Serve hot.
Serving: 12ounces | Calories: 361kcal | Carbohydrates: 75g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 928mg | Potassium: 776mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 37g | Vitamin A: 160IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 121mg | Iron: 5.5mg