White Bean Dip is here to help with healthy noshing. Get ready for the next get-together that is just around the corner. Fast & tasty!
Thank goodness there is always a sport or holiday going on in America. That may even be true all over the world. Gladly, there always seems to be a reason to serve dips. The next get-together is just around the corner and, of course, the next ball game and this dip will satisfy everyone.
The holidays are spaced nicely with a conglomeration all near the end of the year. Yay autumn and winter. Then there are the sports. Baseball which is about 8 months long, basketball is around 7 months, football is about 6 months and don’t forget soccer. So have a party, get on your nosh and make sure you have this White Bean Dip on the table.
Do you play tag football at your house on Thanksgiving? We do! Boys and girls. I guess all of the football on the TV isn’t enough. It’s a fun way to get outdoors too. Now that I think of it that might be a good way that some people escape the dishes. Well, it seems to rotate. Sort of like relay dishes. Yep, sports.
Another really good dip that would compliment this white bean dip perfectly is Slow Cooker Tomato Salsa made from scratch. It uses fresh tomatoes and you just put everything in the crock~pot and forget it. It’s spicy flavor adds to the party.
I used Cannellini (white kidney beans) for this new recipe and mixed them with lots of spices and a little lemon juice. You’ll find this a really easy recipe too. That’ll get you to your end game a whole lot quicker.
White Bean Dip
- 2 cans 15 ounces each, cannellini beans, drained, white kidney beans
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice, usually 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- To a large saucepan, add drained beans, garlic powder, ground cumin and chili powder.
- Cook and stir on medium low for 5 minutes.
- Take off of heat and mix in the lemon juice.
- Add the mixture to a blender or food processor and puree.
- Mix in the oil, salt and pepper.
- Blend well and serve with your favorite chips and vegetables.
Let cool to room temperature. Package in rigid sided containers.
TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
Remove from the freezer and put in the refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours. Heat in the microwave and serve with chips and veggies of your choice.