Whipped Coffee is here and I believe it will never disappear. Whip up the sweetened coffee topping in just a couple of minutes and dollop it on iced dairy-free milk. Dalgona coffee is an easy recipe to make and even easier to enjoy.
Whipped Coffee is easy to whip up if you have a hand mixer. By hand, you need about 400 whips.
My niece texted me the other day and said that oat milk makes it thicker and richer. Oat milk it is!
👩🏻🍳 Where did whipped coffee originate
It originated in South Korea and was named Dalgona coffee after a popular honeycomb candy. The sweetness is very similar. And it's cheap. Just sugar and water.
So the drink was created and posted on social media. In fact, it started to take off on all social media outlets and I think TikTok was the leader. Instagram scores high too.
One thing for sure is that we now have a sweet iced Dalgona coffee that can be whipped up in no time.
Milk as the main base (dairy-free milk). Serve it over ice and dollop the thick sweetener on top.
Make sure there is enough room to stir the slightly bitter sweetened coffee down into the cold milk. A straw works well and sip away.
- Instant coffee is a must and choose any one that you like the most.
- Organic granulated sugar is used to help make the stiff peaks. It keeps it's froth longer if you use sugar.
- Boiling water is used to melt the sugar.
- Vanilla extract (optional) adds a wonderful flavor.
- Dairy Free milk is the base for your iced whipped drink.
- Ice makes it all nice and refreshing.
Combine the instant coffee, sugar, vanilla extract, and boiling water in a small mixing bowl.
Use a hand mixer and mix for 3-4 minutes.
It will form stiff peaks as seen in these photos above and below.
Pour dairy-free milk over ice in mugs or glasses.
Dollop some of the topping on top of each milk filled glass.
With an iced tea spoon or your straw, stir to combine. The end result is a rich, creamy and frothy coffee that rivals the best cafe in town.
💭 Can you hand mix whipped coffee
You can hand whip the topping with a lot of arm power. You need about 400 whips and 15 minutes.
Use the figure-eight motion when you're whipping the topping. It works really well that way.
☕ Coffee recipes
- Here are a couple of simple recipes to make at home.
- Crockpot Mocha Coffee is great whether you serve it hot or over ice. Just make a batch and enjoy it.
- Slow Cooker Irish Cream Coffee is a real treat for the holidays. It has both vegan Irish cream and chocolate for a rich deep flavor.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
If you take a photo of your refreshing drink I would love to see it. Follow me over on Instagram and tag me on your photo @vegan_in_the_freezer.
Whipped Coffee: Vegan Dalgona Coffee
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract - optional
- 2 cups dairy free milk - oat milk makes it richer and thicker
- In a medium bowl add the instant coffee, sugar, boiling water, and vanilla extract.
- Whisk using a hand mixer for 3-4 minutes until light in color and fluffy.
- The mixture should form stiff peaks when you remove the beaters (see a couple of the photos above).
- Fill two mugs with ice and milk.
- Divide the whipped coffee evenly between the two mugs.
- Stir to combine and enjoy!