Vegan Combo Beef Sausage Chili is satisfying comfort food. Deep and rich in flavor with lots of beans, tomatoes and spices.
Vegan Combo “Beef Sausage” Chili is a special recipe to help satisfy your spicy needs and to warm you up in the chilly weather. We live in the desert so we don’t often get to have soups and chilies that help warm you up from the inside out. I mean, we’re usually already warm.
But the day has come where the chill (ice) is in the air and soups, stews and chilies are a common occurrence. I have a couple of favorite plant based fillings that I occasionally use and this recipe handles them both. It’s a very hearty meal.
There are so many varieties of chillies out there. In restaurants, and I’m sure even in your own home repertoire. I have six chili recipes on my site alone and they are all special in their own way. One of my most popular recipe is White Bean Chili. Oh my gosh! You’ve got to try that one too.
All is takes is one large skillet and you have a hearty meal for any night of the week. In case you don’t need to feed a family of 6 this recipe freezes beautifully. So it may even be enough for a second night. Especially if you add a big crusty loaf of bread and a nice crisp salad.
Vegan Combo Beef Sausage Chili is also a recipe that even your omnivores will love. It’s been all dolled up for all of us. Deep and rich in flavor with lots of texture, beans, tomatoes and spices.
Vegan Combo Beef and Sausage Chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced that equals about 1 to 1 1/2 cup
- 12 ounce package meatless ground beef
- 12 ounce package meatless Italian sausage links
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cans about 14 1/2 ounces each, diced tomatoes
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 3/4 can beer
- 2 cans about 14 ounces each, black beans
Slice the 'sausage' into chunks, set aside. There is probably a clear covering over the sausage. Remove that first then carefully slice.
In a large skillet, heat oil.
Add onion and 'sausage' and sauté for about 10 minutes.
- Add the 'beef' and saute about 5 more minutes.
- Add the cumin, chili powder, garlic powder.
- Stir and cook 2 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, oregano, beer, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and then turn down to simmer.
- Cook about 30 minutes until chili is a bit thicker.
- At this point you can freeze for the future. Freeze without the beans.
- To carry on - add the beans and heat through.
Ready to eat and relax.
Vegan Combo Beef Sausage Chili