Vegetable Jumble is a mixture of all the best and most popular vegetables. What makes it stand out are the spices that are added.
Here is a new side dish that is simple to make with tons of texture and flavor. It all starts with fresh produce and becomes an eye-catching vegetable jumble.
It seems like we all forget to get inventive with our side dishes. It is usually the same old, same old. Well, this is a new one to add to your recipe box and I think it has a real good chance to always liven up your dinner table.
If I didn’t think of a vegetable that you would like to include – please do so. All the vegetables are pre-prepared and cooked al dente before they are melded together in a skillet along with the spices. This is a great side dish that is both fresh and tasty.
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 small cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 2 carrots, sliced thinly
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, diced
- 8 ounces button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Steam the carrots and cauliflower for 10 minutes.
- Leave in the steamer and add the broccoli on top and steam 5 to 10 more minutes.
- Poke all the vegetables and make sure they can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Do not overcook. Al dente is best.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of oil in a skillet.
- Add the onion and red bell pepper and saute for 10 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms to the skillet and cook 10 more minutes.
- Add all of the spices.
- Stir and heat through for about 3 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower mixture and heat through.
Package in zip lock bags or rigid sided containers. Put in the refrigerator about 8 hours before serving. Heat in a large saucepan, quickly, as to not overcook. Serve and enjoy.