Making your own homemade vegan dry pancake mix is simple and ideal for making ahead to store for later. When you're ready to devour a stack of delicious pancakes, simply combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and cook until golden brown. Top with vegan butter, syrup, and your favorite fruit for a sweet and satisfying breakfast!
I don't know about you, but when I'm craving something sweet in the mornings, a stack of fluffy pancakes is always the answer. And, since I'm all about keeping things simple and easy, I like to make my pancake batter from scratch. It's not as complicated as it seems, and the results are so worth it!
Vegan pancake mix? Yep, and they're delicious! In just a few minutes, you can have hot, fluffy pancakes on the table for everyone to enjoy. The DIY mix can be made in advance and stored in the pantry for months, so you will always have mix ready when you wake up with a sweet tooth.
Why You'll Love This Vegan Pancake Mix Recipe
Customizable- You can make these pancakes as simple or complex as you want. Add chocolate chips, blueberries, or even pumpkin puree to the batter for a delicious variation.
Quick and Easy- These pancakes come together in minutes and are ready to eat in no time. Perfect for busy mornings when you don't have time to cook a big breakfast.
Kid-Friendly- Kids love pancakes, and this recipe is no exception! They are also super easy to make, so it's a great recipe for kids to help with.
Simple Ingredients- This recipe calls for basic ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen, so there is no need to run to the store for unique ingredients.
No Complicated Equipment- All you need to make these pancakes is a bowl, whisk, and griddle or frying pan. No fancy equipment is required for these yummy pancakes!
Fluffy and Delicious- These pancakes are light, fluffy, and oh-so-delicious. They will become your new go-to pancake recipe!
For The Mix
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Jar With Lid For Storage
For The Pancakes
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Pancake Scoop or Measuring Cup
- All-Purpose Flour
- Organic Granulated Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Chia or Flax Egg
- Dairy-Free Milk
- Vegetable or Canola Oil
- Cooking Spray
How To Make Vegan Pancake Mix At Home
Simply combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until well combined. Store the mixture in an airtight container or jar with a lid until ready to use.
To make the pancakes, add the dry mix to a large mixing bowl, add the wet ingredients, and whisk until well combined. Heat your griddle and spray it with cooking spray. Scoop the batter onto the griddle once it's hot and cook until golden brown. Flip the pancake and cook the other side until golden brown as well. Serve immediately and enjoy with vegan butter, syrup, or fruit.
What to Pair with Your Homemade Vegan Pancakes
Pancakes are a fantastic option for breakfasts or snacks. They're adaptable and may be eaten with various toppings or sides. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Fresh Fruit- Sliced bananas, strawberries, blueberries, or other fresh fruit makes a delicious topping for pancakes.
- Chocolate Chips- If you're in the mood for something chocolatey, mix some vegan chocolate chips into the batter or sprinkle them on top of the pancakes after they're cooked.
- Nuts- Add a crunch to your pancakes by topping them with chopped nuts such as pecans, walnuts, or almonds.
- Vegan Butter- As always, vegan butter makes everything better! Serve pancakes with a dollop of vegan butter on top and enjoy.
- Maple Syrup- A classic pancake topping, serve your pancakes with real maple syrup for a delicious and sweet treat.
- Coconut Whipped Cream- Top your pancakes with coconut whipped cream and fresh fruit for a decadent treat. Yum!
Popular Substitutions & Additions
There are countless ways to adapt this pancake recipe to your liking. Here are some popular substitutions and additions:
- Fruit- Mix fresh or frozen fruit such as blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, or bananas into the batter.
- Nuts/Seeds- Add in chopped nuts or seeds such as pecans, walnuts, almonds, flax seeds, or chia seeds for added texture and flavor.
- Spices- Mix in cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, or ginger for a warm and flavorful pancake.
- Vegan Chocolate Chips- Mix in vegan chocolate chips or sprinkle them on top of cooked pancakes for a chocolaty twist.
- Dairy-Free Milk- You may use any type of dairy-free milk in this recipe, such as soy milk, almond milk, cashew milk, or coconut milk.
- All-Purpose Flour- You may use gluten-free all-purpose flour if desired.
- Vegetable Oil- Melted vegan butter or melted coconut oil may be used in place of the vegetable oil.
- Gluten Free Baking Flour- Substitute the all-purpose flour for a 1:1 gluten-free baking flour.
- Mini Pancakes- Make mini pancakes by using a ¼ cup measuring scoop or pancake ring.
- Make Waffles- Cook pancakes on a waffle iron for delicious vegan waffles!
How To Reheat & Store Vegan Pancake Mix
What Is The Best Way To Store Vegan Pancakes?
Pancakes are best enjoyed fresh and hot off the griddle. However, if you have leftover pancakes, they may be stored in an airtight container in the fridge. Store dry in an airtight container or jar in the pantry.
How Long Will Homemade Vegan Pancakes Last In the Fridge?
If stored correctly in an airtight container, these vegan pancakes will last for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
When kept in an airtight container, your mix will last up to 3 months in the pantry.
Can I Freeze Homemade Vegan Pancakes?
Yes! These pancakes freeze well. Place them in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze for 1 hour. Once frozen, transfer to an airtight container or freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How To Reheat Homemade Vegan Pancakes?
Thaw overnight in the fridge and then heat in the microwave until warm or place on a griddle over medium heat until warmed through.
I don't have a griddle. Is there something else I can use instead?
Yes, if you don't have a griddle, a frying pan or skillet will work just fine!
Can I make waffles instead of pancakes with this batter?
Yes! Cook the batter on a waffle iron according to your waffle iron's instructions.
Do I use a specific kind of milk for this recipe?
No. You may use any type of dairy-free milk in this recipe. I typically use almond milk, but soy milk, cashew milk, or oat milk would also work well.
Can I make these pancakes gluten-free?
Yes! For a gluten-free option, substitute the all-purpose flour for a 1:1 gluten-free baking flour.
Is there a way to fix pancake batter that is too thick?
Yes! If your pancake batter is too thick, add in additional dairy-free milk 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached. Additionally, if your batter is too thin, add extra flour 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
Homemade Vegan Pancake Mix
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp organic granulated sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 chia egg or flax egg
- ¾ cup dairy free milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients until well combined.
- Store in airtight container or jar with lid.
To make Pancakes
- Add mix to large measuring cup or mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Heat griddle and spray with cooking spray.
- Scoop pancake batter onto hot griddle and cook 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip and cook on other side 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with butter, syrup or fruit.