Vegan Double Chocolate Granita is a deep rich chocolate delicacy where no ice cream maker is required. As easy as mixing, freezing and filling up your bowl to taste the goodness.
Dairy Free Double Chocolate Granita! Five little words that make my heart go pitter patter.
Have you ever had granita before? It is so good and the texture is all it’s own. Granita is a cross between sorbet and ice cream. Creamy and crystalline all at the same time. Being introduced to it in chocolate form makes it even better.
Granita is Italian by heritage but thank goodness it has made it’s entrance into the worldwide market. Need I say homemade is the best!
This treat didn’t exist for me a month ago. I spied Silk’s new large size (24 ounce) dairy-free alternative yogurt in the grocery store and I thought ‘Now, that makes life more interesting!’
There is Simply Plain and also a Vanilla option so I bought both. Right off the top of my head I knew I could make some wonderful smoothies with the Vanilla flavor but I was excited to delve into my creativity for the Simply Plain. The recipes started swirling in my head.
Do you have as much fun shopping as I do? I love to find new products. Silk’s Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative has made this chocolate granita possible. To start with it is u smooth and creamy. Since it is plant powered protein with no cholesterol I am in seventh heaven.
This yogurt alternative is also Non-GMO project verified with no artificial flavors, colors or funny business.
No funny business but lots of fun to eat so let’s get mixing!
Vegan Double Chocolate Granita
- In a large bowl, beat the coconut milk until completely smooth.
- Add the cocoa powder, maple syrup, salt and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- Add all of the plain yogurt alternative and mix until well blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into a shallow casserole dish.
- I used an 8" x 10" size.
- Carefully put the dish inside a freezer bag and chill for about 2 hours. Remove from the freezer and mix again. It will be partially frozen. You are just adding air into the mix.
- Put back in until frozen.
- Remove from the freezer.
- Take a strong dinner fork and start scraping/shaving across the top so that it starts to crumble up into chunks.
- You may need to let it set for about 5 to 10 minutes if the granita is too hard.
- That is it.
- Eat now or pack into hard sided freezer safe glass containers and enjoy whenever you want.
This large size yogurt alternative made this recipe well worth while because I used it ALL and along with the other ingredients the quantity is substantial. We were able to enjoy this healthier granita for many days. A unique treat can be enjoyed in your house too. #TasteTheGoodness
Click on over to Silk’s Spoonful of Silk colorful page a get a coupon. There are videos and recipes to enjoy over there too.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.