Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies are a favorite in any household. We all need that big, soft, chewy cookie that reminds of of our childhood.
One of the most popular cookies in any house is chocolate chip. That means in my house too so I thought I’d better make really good basic Chocolate Chip Cookies that are vegan.
It seems like I always try to fancy them up with banana or date or peppermint or a multitude of other goodies but, hey, we all need that big, soft, chewy cookie that reminds of of our childhood – – – so here we go!
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
What Do You Think?
If you take a photo of your classic rich chocolate chip cookies I would love to see it. Follow me over on Instagram and tag me on your photo @vegan_in_the_freezer.
Your opinion means a lot to me and if you’d like to leave a comment and possibly a star rating I’d love to hear your thoughts.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mix the flax seed meal and water and set aside so that it can thicken.
- Cream both the sugars and vegan butter together until it is light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Spoon by heaping teaspoons on an ungreased Baking Sheet about 2" apart.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-9 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
They defrost quickly so it really doesn't take any planning. Just put them on a plate for an hour or so and enjoy.