Vegan BBQ Veggie Pizza has all of the flavors and texture a person could want. Veggies galore and homemade pizza dough for the best of both worlds.
Vegan BBQ Veggie Pizza! Ahhhhh! How can anyone resist? It all starts with a soft yet crisp bread base that is easy to hold in your hands.
Then it’s slathered in the most flavorful tomatoey sauce. Now, pile on your toppings.
In this recipe, the sauce is BBQ sauce and it is so good that you’ll be tempted to have a spoon on the ready for intermittent tastings. Oh, well. Just go for it!
Some of the veggies are pre-cooked so that your first bite will have your eyes rolling back in your head with pleasure.
Some veggies are fresh to add that extra little crispness and texture. Everything combined adds up to a pizza with a 5-star rating.
Can You Freeze Pizza Dough?
It’s something I always take advantage of. In fact, the dough recipe below is enough to make 2 large rounds or 4 smaller pizzas.
If you’re freezing the dough for the future put each ball in its own freezer bag.
I also then place all of the bagged dough balls in one freezer bag. Then it’s double bagged.
The dough will keep up to 6 months in the freezer.
There are also some new pizza baking tools in town that will help make your pizza making even easier. Naturally, they’re all from OXO.
The pizza pan is a 15″ Non-Stick Pro bakeware pizza pan (PFOA free) and has a textured pattern for even baking.
You might wonder how you can cut on a non-stick pan. Well it’s easy with their Pizza Wheel that is made with clear plastic and won’t damage non-stick pans or pizza stones. It’s very sturdy!
What Types of Vegan Pizzas Are There?
I have many on the blog but I’ll show you just two of the ones that I think you will love!
Did you ever think of this kind before? Antipasto Pizza will be one of your new favorites.
Why not go Mexican style with Baby Shitake Mushroom Pizza? Black beans included.
Their Grate and Slice Set comes in a quality container that can also double as a bowl and measures while you are slicing. See the picture below?
There’s a very fine grater that the ginger is sitting on, a slicer that made those onions just perfect, one julienned the zucchini and the larger holed grater made the potato perfect for scattering on the pizza before baking.
Check out the recipe!
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Vegan BBQ Veggie Pizza
For the BBQ Sauce
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- You can click on the below pizza dough link to get the complete instructions but I wanted to add the ingredients so that the nutrition label would come out correctly.
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup warm water for the yeast
- 1 packet yeast
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
For the BBQ Sauce
- In a medium saucepan, combine all of the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to simmer.
- Cook, uncovered for 10 minutes. Stir frequently.
- You may use any of your favorite pizza dough recipe or a pre-made pizza dough. here is a link to the pizza dough that I always make.
- You can make it as thin or thick as you like.
For the Toppings
- Slice onions, julienne zucchihi, grate ginger root.
- Have a small bowl of ice water sitting but your work space. Grate the potato and pace in the ice water immediately. This keeps it bright white.
- Cut cauliflower into small foretts. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Stir and bake 5 more minutes. Remove and cool.
- Melt 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet and add the sliced mushrooms. Saute for 10 minutes over medium heat.
Put it all Together and Enjoy!
- Place dough in the center of the pizza pan. Push out with your fingers to the size that you like. You can go all the way to the edge for a thin crispy pizza or keep it smaller for a thicker pizza.
- Spread the BBQ sauce all over the dough.
- Squeeze out the grated potato and pat dry. Sprinkle all around the top of the pizza.
- Sprinkle around the remaining toppings, zuke, onion, mushrooms, cauliflower and ginger.
- Bake at 425° for 18 minutes or until golden brown. Slice into eighths.
So make your big pizza pie, slice it all up and make a stack for yourself. Believe me, everyone else will be doing the same thing.