The Best Slow Cooker Spiced Cashews are delicious and easy. People will think you paid a lot of money for them and they must have come in a beautiful tin.
I have a huge crush on appetizers. The variety is endless and you can use them for snacking but if you put a few different ones out - you have a party.
The Best Slow Cooker Spiced Cashews recipe is extra special because it is perfect for any day.
It cooks in the slow cooker in just 1 hour and 15 minutes so the cashews will be ready in no time.
They are so beautiful and tasty people will think you paid a lot of money for them and they came in a beautiful tin. Nope, it was made by you and you are just that good of a cook.
You know I'm sitting here with a big container of raw cashews and I've been wondering what I could make with them. It was going to be a new recipe for the blog.
I say 'was' because now I'm thinking of going in there and making this recipe again for our house. They were so good and it's been a long time.
- Cashews - are what it's all about.
- Extra virgin olive oil - a little bit helps coat the cashews for the spices to stick.
- Ground cumin - is an amazing spice that adds a lot of flavors and a bit of heat.
- Powdered garlic - always adds one of the most important seasonings tastes.
- Cayenne pepper - is a favorite in my house and has a bit of a flavor kick.
- Smoked paprika - also adds a lot of flavor and by now you can imagine how wonderful these seasonings are with cashews.
- Salt - always comes in a small amount but it really is important.
I'll make something else that's new for you guys. I have peanuts in the pantry too. That's it! I'll make Slow Cooker Chocolate Clusters for all of you to enjoy.
You can sure tell I have entertaining on the mind. It will be so fun when I can share these goodies with others.
You know I've got another very popular slow cooker recipe on the blog. This one is with walnuts but the flavors are in the absolute opposite direction.
Slow Cooker Maple Glazed Walnuts are also super easy. You have to pour these out on a baking sheet to cool though so that they don't clump too much together.
This is what they look like and they are also very easy to eat - way too many.
Flavorful nuts are such a good snack. They are also a no-brainer for gifts too. Year-round for gifts as a thank you and gifts as an actual present. These cashews and (or walnuts) would make a great 'homemade gift'.
Fill up canning jars and then dress them up with a pretty ribbon. Or when the company comes, serve in a bowl as seen in these photos.
They are very SPICY so don't eat too many. They are hard to resist so maybe you can go a little overboard.
💭 Food gifts in a jar
- 5 Legume Soup Mix with Barley is a lovely mix that offers lots of flavor and protein when prepared.
- The best combination of healthy ingredients is in this Sweet and Salty Arizona Trail Mix recipe.
- Taco Seasoning is used year round and this mix has a secret ingredient.
- Don't forget this Spiced Cashews recipe or the Maple Glazed Walnuts mentioned on this page.
Can these cashews be frozen
- You can certainly freeze these by putting them in a freezer bag or a freezer safe glass container but they will probably be gone very quickly.
- They will keep in the refrigerator for 2 weeks and in the freezer for 2 months.
- Makes 3 Cups
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
The Best Slow Cooker Spiced Cashews
- 3 cups cashews
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon powdered garlic
- ½ teaspoon cayenne powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Put the cashews in the crockpot.
- Add the oil and stir so that there is a little bit of oil on all the cashews. It will be enough.
- Mix the spices together in a small bowl and then add to the crockpot and stir.
- Cook on low 1 hour. Uncover and then cook 15 more minutes.