Sweetened Cashew Creamer is fast, simple and creamy. Make a weekly batch and this wonderful fat free option can always be on hand.
I have coffee every morning. There is no shying away from it and I am taking full responsibility along with the fact that I have to have creamer. Thank goodness for cashews!
My brain does not seem to be working yet. It is early morning and I think I am going to go in and get a cup of coffee. Oh, boy! Cashew creamer here I come.
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 1/2 cups water for the creamer
- 1 tablespoons to 2 maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cover the cashews with water by about an inch or two and let soak for at least 4 hours but up to 10 hours.
- They will swell up.
- Drain the cashews and put in a food processor.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- It may take a couple of minutes.
- Something really great about cashews is that there is nothing left behind to strain through a mesh bag. All of it turns into a creamer.
- So easy and you are all set.
Keep in the refrigerator for up to a week.