Sweet Coconut Cream Scones are light and made with coconut cream. Doesn’t that sound good? Healthier ingredients also add to this homemade bread.
Bread is my downfall. It’s not sweets or spicy but breads. I love that there are so many different varieties too whether there is yeast or not the assortment seem endless. Well, happily I have just added this light and perfect recipe to my biscuit/scones list. I think you will really like them. The scones are light and made with coconut cream. Doesn’t that sound good? They are all gone at our house but as I am writing this sentence I have vowed to make them again this week. I hope you get to too.
Sweet Coconut Cream Scones
- Grease a baking sheet.
- Combine the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar.
- Add the cream stirring until just moistened.
- Add a little bit more flour if it seems way too sticky.
- Turn out onto a floured surface.
- Roll the dough to a 1/2 thickness.
- Cut with a biscuit cutter.
- Place on greased baking sheets.
- Brush with the melted butter.
- Bake at 425° for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Cool on a rack and enjoy.
Only bake for 7 to 8 minutes. Cool on a rack and freeze in any of the methods shown in my article http://veganinthefreezer.com/preparing-food-for-the-freezer/
When you want to serve them. Take out of the freezer a couple of hours before you want to finish baking.
Bake at 425° for another 5 to 6 minutes.
You may also freeze them if you bake the scones completely - the first time around.
They defrost quickly so it really doesn't take any planning. The microwave will also zap them in 20 seconds.
A special treat