Sushi Maki Rolls are easy, light, healthy and there are made with cauliflower. One tasty bite that can be dipped in peanut sauce for even more happiness.
I am in awe of a new cookbook that has come out titled The Rawsome Vegan Cookbook – A balance of raw and lightly-cooked, gluten free, plant based meals for healthy living. It is by Emily von Euw and offers super simple recipes that feature whole foods.
Today I am reviewing the cookbook and sharing one of my favorite recipes, Sushi Maki Rolls. It is ingenious where traditional cooked rice is substituted with cauliflower. Rice is wonderful but sometimes you just want a lighter dish and skip the grains.
Sushi also works great for get-togethers and parties. An appetizer that is easy to handle whether it is dipped of not. Set it out on a table and watch the finger food disappear.
Sushi Maki Rolls Recipe - Made with Cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower small head
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon stevia powder
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 3/4 cup carrot large
- 4 nori sheets
- Peanut Lime Sauce
Peanut Lime Sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter 22 g
- 2 tablespoons almond butter 22 b
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice 10 mil
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free tamari 15 ml
- 3 tablespoons water 44 ml
- 4 leaves fresh mint
- 4 leaves fresh basil
- To make the rice: Process the cauliflower in a food processor until it becomes a bunch of little crumbs.
- In a bowl. stir in the rest of the ingredients, by hand, with the cauliflower.
- Julienne all of the vegetables (in other words, cut into small strips)
- For each nori sheet, spread on 1/4 of the rice evenly, leaving one edge of about 1/2 inch (1-cm) without rice.
- Sprinkle a little water on this edge when you roll up the sheet, starting from the opposite side.
- This will help everything stick together.
- Arrange a few slices of avocado, pepper and carrot.
- Roll up tightly and cut with a sharp knife.
- Serve with the peanut sauce.
- Blend all of the ingredients together until smooth, adding more water if you need to.
The cookbook is divided into two parts: raw and cooked. Each recipe has a beautiful full color photo. Something that is very important to me.
Here are a few recipes that are next on my list: Summer Rolls, Rawsome Pizza, Onion Cornbread Sandwich and Yam Fries Forever.
Check it out - The Rawsome Vegan Cookbook
Nutrition for each Sushi: Maki Roll