Stick to Your Ribs Lentils and Rice. Easy to make and full of a variety of vegetables that everyone loves. Satisfying and flavorful for the whole family.
You know, I eat well. All the delicious variations and types of food that I serve up on this blog shows what goes on in our house. Well, some nights, after dinner I am still hungry. I wait the obligatory 20 to 30 minutes to let my stomach tell me I am full and sometimes it actually does not happen.
Well, I have never found this problem with Stick to Your Ribs Lentils and Rice. Besides the recipe being easy to make it is also full of a variety of vegetables that everyone loves. Let’s get going!
Stick to Your Ribs Lentils and Rice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup dried lentils
- 1/3 cup brown rice
- 1 1/2 cps carrots, sliced - about 2 carrots
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Lightly oil the casserole and set aside.
- In a skillet heat one tablespoon oil to medium high and then turn it down to medium and saute the onion until it is translucent - about 10 minutes.
- To the casserole sprinkle in the rice, lentils, carrots, tomato, spices and the sauteed onion.
- Heat the 3 cups of vegetable broth to a boil.
- Be careful and pour the broth over everything in the casserole dish.
- Stir until all is evenly dispersed. The rice and lentils will settle on the bottom.
- Cover with the lid or cover tightly with foil. Leaving enough foil to go over the edges, liberally.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 60 to 70 minutes.
- Check after an hour and see if the liquid has absorbed and the rice is tender. It will still be very moist.