Vegan Applesauce Bread has added fresh apples that were grated in a food processor. Very easy to eat anytime during the day.
Vegan Applesauce Bread is a must-have for fall. When I lived near Apple Hill in California I would buy two bushels of apples every autumn.
It was so much fun canning apple butter, applesauce and apple slices. Beautiful in their glass jars and delicious to eat.
Baking was my next priority and Applesauce Bread made vegan was right up there at the top of the list. In this recipe, I also added fresh apples that were grated in a food processor.
Very easy to eat anytime during the day so don’t shy away. You need to bake this healthy bread. It is easy and scrumptious.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Vegan Applesauce Bread
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 5/8 cup rice syrup
- 1/4 cup agave maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons egg replacer and 2 Tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup grated apple about 1 large or 2 small.
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Lightly oil or butter the bread pan.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix the egg replacer with the water and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the flour with the baking powder, baking soda and seasonings.
- In a smaller bowl mix the oil, the two syrups and the egg replacer mixture.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add the grated apples, applesauce and raisins and fold in lightly.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50 to 60 minutes. Lightly cover with foil for the last 30 minutes.
- It is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Cool completely on a rack.
After the bread loaf has cooled you may freeze it in any of the methods shown in my article Preparing Food for the Freezer.
Take the frozen loaf out of the freezer and put it in the refrigerator to defrost 24 hours before serving.