Slow Cooker Wild Rice Blend Recipe with Pecans is simple to make in the crock pot. Grains, nuts and veggies are all combined for a special side dish.
There are so many nice blends of rice on market shelves now. Wild rice can be a little, well, wild for some people so when it is combined with lots of other grains the flavor is softened and extra special.
This recipe is especially nice for a party or holiday. Not that it can’t be eaten on any day of the year but there is just something festive about it’s looks and taste.
There are a couple of notes at the bottom of the recipe to help you get even more creative when the time comes. Take a hint from your blend and go wild.
Slow Cooker Wild Rice Blend Recipe and Pecans
Slow Cooker Wild Rice Blend Recipe with Pecans is simple to make in the crock pot.
- 21 ounces vegetable broth
- 12 ounces wild rice blend
- 8 ounces button mushrooms , sliced
- 1/2 cup carrot coarsely chopped carrot, I pulsed 4 times
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 3 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1/3 cup diced white onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- scallion, sliced for garnish (optional)
Use a 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker
- Place all of the broth, wild rice blend, carrot, mushrooms, vegan butter, tamari, onion, marjoram, tarragon, salt and pepper in the slow cooker.
- Turn to low 5-6 hours.
- Stir in pecans.
- Cover and let stand 10 minutes.
- Serve with a slotted spoon and garnish with scallions.
If this is for Thanksgiving or Christmas you can add 1/2 cup dried cherries or dried cranberries when you add the pecans.
The whole recipe can be doubled for a larger crowd.