Slow Cooker Wild Rice Blend Recipe with Pecans is simple to make in the crock pot. Grains, nuts and veggies are all combined for a special side dish.
There are so many nice blends of rice on market shelves now. Wild rice can be a little, well, wild for some people so when it is combined with lots of other grains the flavor is softened and extra special.
This recipe is especially nice for a party or holiday. Not that it can’t be eaten on any day of the year but there is just something festive about it’s looks and taste.
There are a couple of notes at the bottom of the recipe to help you get even more creative when the time comes. Take a hint from your blend and go wild.
Slow Cooker Wild Rice Blend Recipe and Pecans
- 21 ounces vegetable broth
- 1 1/4 cup wild rice blend
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, s;iced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped carrot, I pulsed 4 times
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 3 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1/3 cup diced white onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspsoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- scallion, sliced for garnish (optional)
Use a 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker
- Place all of the broth, wild rice blend, carrot, mushrooms, vegan butter, tamari, onion, marjoram, tarragon, salt and pepper in the slow cooker.
- Turn to low 5-6 hours.
- Stir in pecans.
- Cover and let stand 10 minutes.
- Serve with a slotted spoon and garnish with scallions.
If this is for Thanksgiving or Christmas you can add 1/2 cup dried cherries or dried cranberries when you add the pecans.
The whole recipe can be doubled for a larger crowd.
You can never have too many rice side dishes!