Slow Cooker Sweetened Condensed Milk is as easy as 1-2-3. Excellent in all baking goods calling for the traditional thick creamy sweetener.
Slow Cooker Sweetened Condensed Milk is as easy as 1-2-3 and it’s excellent in all recipes calling for this traditionally rich canned creamer.
There are so many old-fashioned recipes that I don’t want to lose. Ones that call for sweetened condensed milk.
Great memories are associated with these recipes and I was determined to be able to have them again. Well, now there is a perfect dairy-free substitute.
I had to hurry up and get this recipe on because we are in the throes of baking season and I refuse to miss another holiday without making my sister’s, especially fantastic chocolate fudge. It makes me taste buds zing.
The recipe calls for sweetened condensed milk and I thought I would have to forego that little chocolate pleasure for the rest of my life. No more!
Dairy-Free Slow Cooker Sweetened Condensed Milk to the rescue!
This recipe only has 4 ingredients and is cooked in the crockpot so you don’t even have to watch it.
Dive right into the recipe and be prepared for the future baking day. It is so simple and rewarding. No sweet needs will ever be ignored again.
With all of the helpful ingredients out there on the market today there is no need to go without. Any recipes can be turned into a dairy-free one.
I just posted a Dairy Free Evaporated Milk about a week or two ago and I was going to do a close follow-up post with this recipe.
This Slow Cooker Sweetened Condensed Milk recipe makes exactly the measurement of the 14 ounce can that recipes call for. Feel free to double it or triple it all at once for multiple recipes.
Any goodie you can think of, in fact, because you have super easy recipes to get you over the dairy hump. Don’t forget that it freezes rally well too.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Dairy Free Slow Cooker Sweetened Condensed Milk
- I have come up with the timing and measurements that will give you a 14 ounce 'can' when it is all done.
- Add the non-dairy milk, butter and coconut sugar to the crock pot.
- Stir well.
- Do NOT cover because it has to cook down to become condensed.
- Stir about every 30 minutes, just for checking.
- Cook on high for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- Pour in a measuring cup to make sure you have the right measurement.
- I say to do this because some slow cookers might cook a little bit hotter.
- If it has condensed too much you can add a little bit more almond milk to get the measurement correct.
This can easily be doubled if you need more than one ‘can’.
It will keep about 2 weeks in your refrigerator and freezes very well.