Slow Cooker Mushrooms are easy and you will feel accomplished after you see them plated. Everyone will love them as an appetizer or side dish.
The McMeans side of the family are very verrrry picky eaters. I was extremely and pleasantly surprised to find out that they like mushrooms. Well, button mushrooms anyway and I´ll take it.
Those cute little white mushrooms are versatile and they do taste so good. Since I am always looking for new side dishes and appetizers this gave me another option for exploration.
Slow Cooker Mushrooms filled the bill. They are easy to throw together and you will feel accomplished after you see them plated up. Everybody loves them whether as an appetizer or side dish. Add to antipastos – oh, I could go on and on. Toss in a salad … I told you. Ha!
Slow Cooker Mushrooms
- 16 ounces mushrooms white button - don´t buy them in the little blue boxes though. Hand pick them from the bin and choose medium to the larger size because you will be cutting these into quarters. You need a decent size.
- 1/4 cup parsley finely chopped fresh flat leaf
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic , finely chipped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut off the ends of each mushroom leaving a little bit of the stem. Don't pop them out like you would with stuffed mushrooms.
- Wipe each mushroom clean with a damp cloth. Mushrooms soak up liquid so you don't want to float them in water to clean.
- Cut each mushroom into quarters.
- Add all of the ingredients into slow cooker and mix.
- It looks good before cooking too.
- Cook on high 2 to 3 hours.
- That is it!
- Put them in a bowl for a side dish and you could also set them out with toothpicks for an appetizer. You could even stick 2 or 3 on each toothpick and serve on a plate as an appetizer.
- This is really easy to double or triple etc. Depending on how large of a crowd you are entertaining.