Make your coffee shop favorite in a larger quantity and at home with this easy crockpot recipe. An inviting vegan Mocha Coffee to entertain your friends and family! It’s a special treat for your relaxing weekends too! Hot or Iced Coffee Mocha!
Do you know what I love most about this chocolaty homemade drink? It’s like Starbucks Coffee Mocha but made at home and you can enjoy it any time you want.
It’s also so simple with only five ingredients. Just ladle out a cupful and start sipping. You can also customize it by making it as strong as you like. I like intense dark coffee so that is what I use when I make mine.
It’s also a large batch (about 4 cups) so you can keep leftovers in the fridge and reheat it or serve over ice for an Iced Mocha Coffee.
What’s the Difference between Hot Chocolate and Mocha Coffee?
- Quite simply one has coffee and one does not. But there are so many more variations.
- Restaurants can call their drinks anything they want so I will make it much more clear for you.
- True Hot Chocolate is made with chocolate pieces, not syrup but I am all for making hot chocolate with syrup. Especially if that’s all you have on hand.
- Hot Cocoa traditionally comes from a powdered base and a sweetener.
- So that brings us to Mocha Coffee or Coffee Mocha or ‘Caffé Mocha’. It is made with milk (dairy free), coffee, cocoa powder, and a sweetener.
- You can also make an Iced Mocha Coffee as seen in the delicious looking drink pictured below. Yes! Drink it Hot or Cold!
When it comes to Father’s and Mother’s Day, Easter and other fun Holidays there is no doubt that this dairy-free Mocha Coffee has all the entertaining flavors possible wrapped up in one cup.
Don’t forget the iced mocha coffee option! Even hot summer needs a good coffee recipe, especially one that is appreciated at parties. Just keep this concoction in the fridge after it’s prepared and cooled off.
Take it out of the fridge, stir and pour in a nice tall glass that’s been filled with ice cubes.
Another great addition that can be added to the hot coffee mocha is Kahlua. That’s nice for quiet evenings when you’re relaxing or sharing a cozy evening with your partner or having a girl’s night in.
You don’t add the Kahlua to the slow cooker but add it to your cup after it’s just short of being filled. I have it in a little creamer in the photo below.
If you love that coffee-flavored liqueur, I have an easy Homemade Kahlua recipe you might like as well. It’s one of my most popular recipes on the blog – year round!
How to make this easy and delicious Dairy Free Caffé Mocha!
This recipe is all about convenience and having that deliciously coffee-mocha smell filling up your kitchen.
A good Mocha drink is mixing the right amount of chocolate taste with enough coffee and a tad of sweetness that perfectly satisfies.
I have other comforting coffee drinks on this site, like my Chocolate Irish Cream Coffee but this slow cooker Mocha drink is the easiest of them all!
All you need is five ingredients and a crockpot. It is just 5-minute prep work, and the slow cooker does the rest to make this Coffee Mocha Delight!
- Just start with your favorite pre-brewed coffee. Don’t be afraid to use a strong brew as a base, even if you usually enjoy your black cup of Joe on the lighter side.
- The almond milk is going to dilute it somewhat. So you want that right amount of caffeine kick when stirred in with the other ingredients.
- Instead of using chocolate syrup, as most coffee shops do, I am keeping it healthier by adding unsweetened cocoa. It creates deep and rich tones of chocolate flavor that makes this coffee luxuriously smooth.
- It also has incredible health benefits because it is full of antioxidants, healthy fats, and fiber. But the real secret of this ingredient, it is going to improve your mood!
- This drink is of course dairy-free. I am adding the nutty goodness of almond milk. It adds a creamy texture with a relatively neutral taste.
- You have to have that tad of sweetness, enough to call this a special treat but not allowing it to overpower the coffee-chocolate taste. Unprocessed and natural coconut sugar does the trick.
- A little of this sugar will cook away, leaving just the right amount of indulgence that makes this drink guilt-free and fun!
Perfectly indulgent and you deserve it!
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Mocha Coffee from the Slow Cooker
To a Slow Cooker add:
- The brewed coffee, almond milk, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Mix well.
- Turn to high and let cook for 2 hours.
- Stir again and serve in mugs.
- Makes 36 ounces which is a little bit more than 4 cups.
- It is easy to double or triple for a larger group. Just make sure your pot is large enough.