Slow Cooker Maple Glazed Walnuts are so easy to make. The result is maple sweet candied walnuts that would be a gift of love for anyone.
You have got to try this homemade snack. It is such an easy and short recipe but it still makes a major impact. Even though you would like to make it for friends and family the work put into the recipe is so low key that you won’t feel bad just making it for yourself.
I usually serve these in a bowl for people to scoop a few for a snack or appetizer but they are also great sprinkled over ice cream such as my Biscoff Ice Cream or tossed in a big bowl of salad.
Slow Cooker Maple Glazed Walnuts
- 1 pound bag of shelled walnuts, walnut halves, not little pieces
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Put the vegan butter, syrup and vanilla extract in a Slow Cooker.
- Turn on low and melt the vegan butter. This only takes a few minutes.
- Mix in the walnuts and mix from the bottom so all of the coating is all over the walnuts and not on the bottom of the pot.
- Cook on low 1 hour then stir. Cook another one half hour to one hour more.
- Turn out onto a baking sheet and let cool - completely.
- Pack in an airtight container. The walnuts will keep in your pantry for quite a few weeks and will keep in the fridge about 2-3 months. The freezer will store them for 6 months.
- I have also done this with pecans and almonds and they are equally delicious.