Slow Cooker Exotic Mushroom Soup is turned up a notch with those exotic mushrooms that you have always wanted to try. Rich, beautiful, creamy and easy.
Soup is such a comforting meal. It can be an introduction to a larger meal or the entree itself. Just add crusty bread and a salad.
Delve into this new type of mushroom soup and enjoy every bite! Exotic Mushroom Soup is a pleasure to behold.
My website is over three years old now. Besides being very exciting for me I am also very grateful for you. Thank you so much for being here and for continuing to come back and see what’s new.
Something I have wanted to do for a long time is, well, I have wanted to improve my early blogging day posts. The recipes are still wonderful but what I am wanting to fix are the photos.
I will admit it. There was so much to learn back then and there is still so much to learn but I really want to be prouder of my old posts.
Starting today, at the end of each new recipe I am going to post a new photo that I have created for an older recipe. Still great recipes but much much better pictures.
There will be a link connected so you will be able to visit and see how it looks. Scroll down to the bottom of this page to see my newest photo for the recipe Red River Rice.
There are more surprises coming up too. Very exciting future!
Now back to our beautiful Slow Cooker Exotic Mushroom Soup recipe!
Slow Cooker Exotic Mushroom Soup
Slow Cooker Exotic Mushroom Soup is turned up a notch with those exotic mushrooms that you have always wanted to try.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 cup dried mushrooms such as oyster, shiitake or a mix. 1 cup is 1 ounce weight
- 8 ounce button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup white wine such as a chardonnay
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk, warmed
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
- Place the dried mushrooms (not the button mushrooms) in a medium sized bowl. Pour the boiling water over the top so that they can become reconstituted. Set aside.
- In a frying pan heat the coconut oil over medium high heat.
- Saute the onions for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped button mushrooms and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Drain the reconstituted mushrooms.
- Add the exotic mushrooms and the button mushroom mixture to a slow cooker.
- Add the vegetable broth, white wine, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Cook on low 3 to 4 hours.
- Let cool about a half hour.
- You may reserve some mushroom pieces for sprinkling over the top as in my photos but you do not need to do this.
- Pour the mushroom mixture in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a big pot (or bowl for the microwave) and add the non-dairy milk.
- Heat through on low heat on the stove top or on high in the microwave.
- Taste to see if you would like more salt or pepper.
A new photo to revive a delicious old recipe. – click here for Red River Rice.