Slow Cooker Cheesy Cauliflower is so easy and a great side dish. Rich homemade ‘cheese’ sauce cooks along with the cauliflower, in the crock pot, and is perfect every time.
I had a dream. Well, at least a desire. A creamy “cheesy” sauce that is versatile and a perfect compliment to cauliflower. The idea has been on my mind for quite a while and I decided to stop procrastinating because I really really wanted it.
What was I waiting for! This complex but easy cheesy sauce has pushed this cauliflower side dish into the recipe hot spot.
Slow Cooker Cheesy Cauliflower is one big head of cauliflower and a very complex ‘cheesy’ sauce that is really easy to make. All you do is put ithe sauce ingredients in the blender and then pour it into the crock`pot on top of the cauliflower. How easy is that!
Slow Cooker Cheesy Cauliflower
Slow Cooker Cheesy Cauliflower is so easy and a great side dish.
- 1/4 cup cashews , drained (having already been soaked in water for about 3 hours)
- 1 cup dairy-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon unbleached flour
- 3/4 tablespoon cornstarch
- one head cauliflower
- Add the drained cashews and all of the rest of the sauce ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Core the cauliflower and cut into florettes.
- Add the caulifower to the slow cooker.
- Pour the sauce all over the cauliflower and stir.
- Cover and turn on low for 4 to 5 hours or on high 2 to 3 hours.
I have taken some new photos of a delicious recipe from my archives. Creamy Mushroom Soup – I think you’ll love the pics and the soup is so very good!