Slow Cooker Apple Pie Cake is easy and fast to prepare. You start with yellow cake mix and add fresh apple slices. A few more ingredients and stir. So good!
Slow Cooker Apple Pie Cake is the best of three worlds. Apple pie meets cake in the crockpot.
Some people might call it a dump and go cake but I call it layering ingredients, just so, with love and attention to get the most scrumptious dessert.
Then again sometimes I call it a dump and go cake.
Another fun thing is that you use fresh sliced apples but you get to use a vegan cake mix. Duncan Hines as a matter of fact. They have lots of vegan mixes and frostings if you are ever in a hurry.
Have fun with this easy dessert that everyone will love.
Slow Cooker Apple Pie Cake
- Use a wider slow cooker if you have one. That gives the cake more of a crumbly top surface. I used a 10" diameter slow cooker and one of those big oval ones would work too. If you have the regular size crockpot then it will work too.
- Peel and slice the apples and drop them right into the crock~pot.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the apples.
- Stir with a wooden spoon to coat all of the apples with the sugar mixture.
- Melt the butter in the microwave for a few seconds. Set aside.
- Pour the cake mix into a medium sized bowl.
- Stir in the butter and mix well. I use my fingers at the end to 'pinch and roll' to help incorporate the butter evenly and get that fine crumbly texture.
- Sprinkle half of the cake mix/vegan butter mixture over the apples. Stir in well.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cake mixture over the top of the mixed apples. Do NOT mix in.
- Cover and cook on low 2 to 3 hours.