Silver Cadillac Margarita is a simple cocktail with a perfect balance of 5 special ingredients. Serve on the rocks or sip it with a straw. Either way it will go great with any Mexican style meal or holiday. It’s a keeper!
I have quite a imagination. Especially when it comes to making recipes. This one just sounded so good if I could pull it off. Guess what? It’s my new favorite margarita.
Not only that – check out further on down the page because I made a simple syrup with coconut palm sugar and created another drink. I call it the Copper Cadillac Margarita. Maybe that’s my new favorite. When I had my husband taste the syrup all he said was yummm in a long soft voice.
And … excuse me please but I like them strong. This is a full 8 ounce Silver Cadillac Margarita cocktail so sip on it and enjoy the flavors. It is a fantastic precursor to any Mexican style meal.
Silver Cadillac Margarita
Silver Cadillac Margarita is a simple cocktail with a perfect balance of 5 special ingredients.
- 3 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces simple syrup see below
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 1 ounce lime juice fresh squeezed
- 1 ounce Cointreau
- sea salt coarse, for the rim, optional
- I slice a couple of small slices through the center of the lime before I squeeze the lime for it's juice. Then I have a pretty garnish. This is optional.
- Pour all of the measurements into a one cup measuring cup (not the salt). Stir.
- Sprinkle some sea salt into a sauce so that it will hit the rim of your glass when you dip it down.
- Take a bit of your leftover lime and run it around the rim of your cocktail glass.
- Go straight down, rim first, and dip it into the sea salt.
- Flip it over and fill the glass with ice carefully so that you don't knock off any of the salt.
- Fill up your glass and garnish with the lime.
To make a simple syrup add 1/4 cup cane sugar and 1/4 cup water to a small saucepan.
Bring to a boil and let cool.
This will give you 4 ounces of simple syrup.
To make a Copper Cadillac Margarita use 1/4 cup coconut sugar and 1/4 cup water for the simple syrup and then proceed as above.