Silver Cadillac Margarita is a simple cocktail with a perfect balance of 5 special ingredients. Serve on the rocks or sip it with a straw. Either way, it will go great with any Mexican style meal or holiday.
I have quite an imagination. Especially when it comes to making recipes. This one just sounded so good if I could pull it off. Guess what? It’s my new favorite margarita.
Not only that – check out further on down the page because I made a simple syrup with coconut palm sugar and created another drink.
I call it the Copper Cadillac Margarita.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Maybe that’s my new favorite. When I had my husband taste the syrup all he said was yummm in a long soft voice.
And … excuse me please but I like them strong. This is a full 8 ounce Silver Cadillac Margarita cocktail so sip on it and enjoy the flavors.
It’s a fantastic precursor to any Mexican style meal or celebration.
Silver Cadillac Margarita
Silver Cadillac Margarita is a simple cocktail with a perfect balance of 5 special ingredients.
- 3 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces simple syrup - see below
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 1 ounce lime juice - fresh squeezed
- 1 ounce Cointreau
- sea salt - coarse, for the rim, optional
- I slice a couple of small slices through the center of the lime before I squeeze the lime for it's juice. Then I have a pretty garnish. This is optional.
- Pour all of the measurements into a one cup measuring cup (not the salt). Stir.
- Sprinkle some sea salt into a sauce so that it will hit the rim of your glass when you dip it down.
- Take a bit of your leftover lime and run it around the rim of your cocktail glass.
- Go straight down, rim first, and dip it into the sea salt.
- Flip it over and fill the glass with ice carefully so that you don't knock off any of the salt.
- Fill up your glass and garnish with the lime.
Just change the simple syrup as described at the bottom of the recipe and you will make this beauty.
How To Make A Copper Cadillac Margarita
To make a simple syrup add 1/4 cup cane sugar and 1/4 cup water to a small saucepan.
Bring to a boil and let cool.
This will give you 4 ounces of simple syrup.
To make a Copper Cadillac Margarita use 1/4 cup coconut sugar and 1/4 cup water for the simple syrup and then proceed as above.