Kiss Me, I’m Irish Shamrock Sugar Cookies is a mouthful of cookie sweetness. Made with confectioners sugar the taste and texture is delicious.
Kiss Me, I’m Irish Shamrock Sugar Cookies is a long title for cookies but not to long for these cookies that are long on goodness.
I got the color by using a liquid lime green color food coloring and then I added blue. Yes, blue and yellow equals green but the lime green made it these very vibrant green. You may have a bright green already.
Roll the dough out on the cookie sheet and then peel away the extra dough. This way you can be sure of keeping the shamrock shape. You can easily stretch them out of shape if you try to lift them.
Enjoy these sweet sugar cookies in celebration of the Eire Isle.
Kiss Me, I’m Irish Shamrock Sugar Cookies
Kiss Me, I'm Irish Shamrock Sugar Cookies is a mouthful of cookie sweetness.
- Oil for lightly greasing the cookie sheets
- 1 cup dairy free butter softened
- 1 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar - organic to make sure it's vegan
- 2 egg replacers - of your choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- green liquid food coloring - link below for one kind of vegan variety
- Lightly grease cookie sheet or sheets.
- Mix the egg replacer and set aside.
- Mix the butter, sugar and mixed egg replacer and vanilla.
- Blend in the flours and baking soda.
- Blend in the liquid food coloring to the desired color.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator 2-3 hours.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out half of the dough just under 1/4" thick.
- I roll out less than this amount on the cookie sheet (not floured) so I don't get as many on a sheet but the shapes are always perfect.
- If rolled out on a floured surface - place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375• for 7-8 minutes.
Shamrock Sugar Cookies