Simple Chocolate Cake says it all. Bake in a 9″ x 9″ pan and then frost right in the pan too. Ready to serve with light chocolaty goodness.
I am always looking for something tempting I can throw together quickly. If there is a last minute get-together for dinner, I’ve got my bases covered.
Chocolate seems to be a party pleaser so this is the recipe I go to. Light and moist with no dairy and I have never had anyone turn it down.
Not necessarily for ‘guests only’ because it will bring smiles to everyone’s face in the family too.
Whole wheat flour and coconut sugar give it a deeper and richer flavor than the typical basic chocolate cake. You won’t have to mess with layers either as this recipe is a one-pan wonder.
Give it a try because I know you will love it too.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Scrumptiously Simple Chocolate Cake
Simple Chocolate Cake says it all. Bake in a 9" x 9" pan and then frost right in the pan too.
For the Cake:
For the Cake Batter:
- Lightly oil a square 9" x 9" pan.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir in the wet ingredients and mix with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350• for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let cool and frost in the pan (recipe follows)
For the Frosting:
- Cream the powdered sugar and vegan butter together.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Frost the cooled cake.
- Cut into 9 (two slices across and 2 slices down) or for 8 pieces - cut the cake into fourths and then cut each square diagonally.
Can You Freeze this Perfect and Simple Chocolate Cake?
- It’s so easy!
- IF FREEZING:
- After the cake has cooled you may freeze the cake or leftovers pieces.
- Use a hard sided container that doesn’t hit the frosting so it is pretty after defrosting.
- It will defrost quickly so it really doesn’t take any planning.