Quick Italian Pasta Salad is something you can be enjoying within minutes! Spiral pasta tossed with easy to find ingredients for a fresh and cool side dish.
Pasta Salads are such a good side dish for when you want to extend a meal with something a little bit unusual.
Usually thought of as a warm weather dish, these hearty salads are also great to round out a feast. Perfect for any winter time holiday.
This Italian style recipe is for those times when you want to toss together something extra but you don’t have much time. It has rotini pasta, deli finds, fresh veggies, herbs and a dressing. You toss and you’re done. Easy as 1-2-3.
Another benefit is that it keeps in the fridge for days and only gets better as time passes. Make it ahead for a dinner or get-together.
I can happily eat this as a meal, every day, until it is gone. Simple, fresh and enjoyable.
Quick Italian Pasta Salad
- 16 ounces spiral pasta - such as rotini or fusuli, cooked according to package directions and drained
- 8 ounces deli mushrooms - fresh, marinated
- 1 cup baby bell peppers - red, yellow and orange - sliced thinly, crosswise
- 4 ounces kalamata olives - drained (jarred or from the deli)
- 4 ounces green olives - pimento stuffed, drained (jarred or from the deli)
- 1 mild pepper - such as a Banana Pepper, Anaheim Chili or Poblano. I found some mini Anaheims. Seeded and cut into bite size chunks.
- 3/4 cup Italian Dressing - you can use a balsamic type dressing also, for that Italian flare
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a very large bowl add all of the ingredients.
- Toss and taste.
- Add more salt and pepper if you so desire but I think it will be fine at this point.
- Store in the refrigerator for 4 days.
- After storing a day you may need to add more dressing. The salad really soaks it up. Sometimes I add balsamic dressing at this time. Everyone loves it.