Pure Delicious Cauliflower Recipe is my favorite cauliflower dish. You won’t believe how much you are going to enjoy it and company always asks for the recipe.
Have you ever seen a cauliflower field. First you see rows and rows of large low clumps of bluish green leaves and then as you get closer, peeking out of the center, is this big fat creamy white cauliflower looking perfect for the pot. I can’t wait until I can get a garden going again. We are on a road trip before we buy our new house so this year’s garden is being skipped. One of the prerequisites of our home is to have garden space with great weather over a long summer. Seriously!
Cauliflower is a vegetable that I love to grow and one recipe I make often is this Pure Delicious Cauliflower Recipe. It is simple and takes very little of your time. A few facts that brings it up to a 5 star recipe is that it tastes really really good – every person that I have served it to loves it – it reheats in seconds and tastes as good as it did on the first day. Click on this Mexican Cauliflower recipe because it is another favorite that is very tasty. See what you think!
One of the special ingredients that helps turn your cauliflower into a creamy side dish is dairy free cream cheese. You can make your own or use your favorite store bought product. I usually make my own but sometimes time is short so off to the store I go. I will get that cream cheese recipe on the blog for you very soon. It is so versatile and it can be used in numerous recipes.
Seven ingredients and less than a half hour you have one of the best sides out there. Feel proud of your healthy dish. Isn’t it great to have a delicious, new, clean eating vegetable recipe to serve your family?
Pure Delicious Cauliflower Recipe
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 ounces dairy free cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Core the cauliflower.
- Break the head into florets.
- Put the cauliflower in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn down the temperature to medium high and cook for 15 minutes or until a fork pierces the florets easily.
- Drain the cauliflower and return to the hot pan immediately.
- Spoon in the cream cheese and stir to blend. The cauliflower will break up into small pieces which is what we want. The cream cheese will also melt into the cauliflower.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Ready to serve.
Let cool to room temperature. Pack in rigid sided containers.
TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
Remove from the freezer and put in the refrigerator overnight for about 6 to 8 hours. The night of serving - Zap it in the microwave for 2 minutes stirring after one minute. or Heat through in a saucepan and serve.