Pumpkin Spiced Cinnamon Cake is light and fluffy. Layered with a wonderful cinnamon sugar streusel that has been tinged with the sweetness of a pumpkin pie.
I know, I know – pumpkin cake! How about one that can be served with coffee in the morning or in the afternoon as a snack or at night as a dessert? Got it!
I can’t believe all of the amazing pumpkin recipes that are showing up across the web. Savory or sweet it looks as if it’s got our bases covered. I tend to lean towards recipes that are sweet when it comes to pumpkin. Think I’ll try to come up with an amazing nice pumpkin dip for maple cookies. Holy cow! My head just spun around. Not sure if that sounds too sweet. I’ll have to think about that one. Now, this cake is just right.
Moist layered cake that is also layered with pumpkin spiced streusel is a holiday treat that you should not go without. The squares hold up to being sliced into nice little squares. In fact, cut big squares if you like. The point is that it does not crumble and fall apart. Nice light and fluffy squares that hold up and seem to melt in your mouth.
Simple and satisfying this is a cake that the kids will love and all the other adults will adore as well as be impressed. Pretty is as pretty does so why don’t you get out your bowls and measure up a wonderful treat. Pumpkin Spiced Cinnamon Cake!
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Bloglovin
20 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hr, 5 Total Time
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, brown sugar, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the margarine and work together with the tines of a ford. I also use my figers to blend well so that there is a fine meal when completed.
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Lightly oil an 8" square baking pan or lay parchment paper across the center and up and out of the pan. This makes it so two ends of the parchment paper are over the opposite sides of the pan. It will be easier for lifting the cake out of the pan.
- Mix the egg substitute and set aside. Follow package directions or use any of your favorite substitute. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar and margarine. Use an electric mixer and beat until light and fluffy. This takes about 5 minutes.
- Add the egg substitute mix, non-dairy sour cream and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined to keep the cake light.
- Spoon half of the cake batter into the pan and push it out to the sides.
- Sprinkle half of the pumpkin spiced cinnamon sugar mixture over the bottom layer.
- Dot the remaining batter in little dabs across the top because it won't be easy to spread around over the middle layer. So little dabs makes it easier to cover completely.
- Sprinkle the remaining pumpkin spiced cinnamon sugar mixture all over the top.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan on a wire rack at least 5 to 10 minutes.
- You can remove the cake from the pan and slice into 16 squares (4x4) of serve straight from the pan.