Pomegranate Swizzle has a lot of fruity flavors and with the depth of pomegranate and white rum added it makes for a fantastic drink.
This was my first libation for the blog. I was very excited about it because it will allowed me to learn more about photography. Also, I got to make new drinks! Yay!
And to think up cool names. Double yay!
I was playing with Snoop Doggs lizzle trying to make up a name. You know “-iz, -izzle, -izzo, -ilz”? So swizzle is like a swizzle stick so a new drink was born.
Pomegranate Swizzle sounds like fun and I am here to tell you that it is. Fruity flavors with the depth of pomegranate added and some rum makes for a fantastic drink.
Pomegranate Swizzle is one of those drinks that sneaks up on you so watch out.
This recipe is for one drink and it is very easy to double for two.
In fact, at the end of the directions - I give measurements to make a pitcher ahead of time for company. Just keep it in the fridge and pull out to pour over ice. Simple.
So you can imagine a nice green tree that isn't too giant and it leans towards the bushy side. Then it blooms. The brightest red flowers and it makes quite a statement.
Then the flowers start to turn into round purplish red fuit and they grow and grow.
Table of Contents
Where Do Pomegranates Grow?
- In the heat, in the desert. But they still like some water.
- I use to live in Rancho Mirage, near Palm Springs and our pomegranate tree was huge and gorgeous.
- So in the southwest U.S., Pakistan, and India for sure.
What Does Pomegranate Fruit Look Like?
- The fruit is like a big reddish globe about four to five inches in diameter.
- When you pick the fruit the little sweetish tart seeds are in rows on the inside. They are all snuggled up close and come out very easily too.
- There are clear sacks of bright red juices around the inside hard seed and this is what you eat.
- I love to peel off big chunks and eat them fresh like that. Some people eat the seeds and others spit them out like watermelon seeds.
- So because of that, pomegranates seem like an outdoor summer kind of fruit like watermelon.
We're lucky that they also have bottled pomegranate juice now. They didn't use too if you can believe it. At least, I never saw it.
So now we can buy our bottles and make our fresh fruity cocktails any time of the year.
- 2 ounces Cranberry Apple Juice Blend
- 1 ½ ounces pomegranate juice
- 3 ½ ounces Apple Juice
- 2 ounces white rum
- Measure all of the ingredients into a cocktail glass.
- Stir, add ice and sip.
Now for a Party!Here are measurements to pre-make a pitcher for company.
- 1 cup cranberry apple juice
- ¾ cups pomegranate juice
- 1 ¾ cups apple juice
- 1 cup white rum
- Measure into a pitcher and stir.
- Keep in the fridge.
- This makes 9 drinks that are 8 ounces each.