Vegan Pizza Pasta Sauce with Rigatoni is a nice new twist. Simply made from scratch with a blend of vegetables and sauces. Perfect!
Pizza Pasta Sauce is just like it sounds. It is a blend of the flavors of red spaghetti sauce and red pizza sauce. Made from scratch, the sauce is a very simple recipe. Meatless ground beef crumbles are added for texture, bulk and nutrition.
There will be extra sauce after tossing with the pasta. This was done on purpose so you can freeze the extra sauce for a future meal. It will make your life much more simple. I hope you can try this recipe soon so that you will have a new meal for yourself and your family that is a delicious comfort food.
Vegan Pizza Pasta Sauce
- 1 package 12 to 16 ounces meatless ground beef
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 can 28 ounces crushed fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 jar or can 14 ounces pizza sauce
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable juice
- 1 package 12 ounces rigatoni pasta
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add the onion and green bell pepper and saute for 15 minutes.
- Add the frozen meatless ground beef and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cover and turn down the heat to medium low.
- Cook on high simmer for one hour.
- To serve:
- Cook the rigatoni according to package directions. Drain and toss with the Pizza Pasta Sauce.
Serve with more sauce on the side, a fresh salad and garlic toast.
Let cool to room temperature. Package in rigid sided freezer containers.
TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
Remove from the freezer and put in the refrigerator overnight because it is a pretty solid mass and will take longer to defrost.
The night of serving -
Put all in a large saucepan and heat through.
Add the cooked pasta, heat and serve.