Pine Nuts Pasta Salad is popular, flavorful and easy. Great for a side dish, picnicking and camping. Toasted pine nuts are readily available and this vinaigrette brings it all over the top.
The weather is starting to warm up and my mind is starting to dine al fresco. My mind and I have a lot of fun together. Dreaming up easy meals to eat outside is one of my favorite things to do.
Are you thinking of picnics, swimming, camping, parties, relaxing and playing? Well, this recipe will fit into all of those scenarios. It packs well so it can go on all of your adventures or you can serve it at home as a side dish. I love a great pasta salad, like this one, for my lunch.
And ... since we just sold our house and have no idea where we're going, we need recipes just like this one. Something that is easy and satisfying. Perfect for life on the road in a travel trailer. For a little while anyway.
Whenever we can, we camp in State Parks and National Parks. It is so nice to wake up, step outside and enjoy nature. I try to do all of the cooking outside too. On a grill, a Coleman stove or both. A cast iron skillet works wonderfully over the grill but if I'm boiling water for pasta, then it's the stove.
Pine Nuts Pasta Salad is going down on this adventure. Maybe more than once. It is simple to make and is also made for easy packability.
I hope you'll get to serve this to your family and friends. It is comfort food and party food all rolled up as one. Poke your fork into the middle then pull it out for a big bite of flavor.
Pine Nuts Pasta Salad
- 16 ounces small shell pasta
- 3 ounces spinach leaves , 1/2 of a 6 ounce package
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice , about 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 ounce sun dried tomatoes , packed in oil
- 3 in scallions , sliced small discs
- 1/4 cup homemade vegan parmesan cheese , optional but it sure is good
- Fill a large pot with water, add about a tablespoon of salt, and bring to a rolling boil over high heat.
- Stir in the shells pasta and return to a boil.
- Cook the until the pasta is al dente, usually 8 to 10 minutes. Follow the box directions for the time.
- Rinse with cold water to cool. Drain and set aside.
- In a separate small bowl add the oil, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Whisk until well blended.
- Combine the spinach, drained pasta, pine nuts, sun dried tomatoes, scallions and parmesan cheese. Toss.
- Add the dressing, toss and refrigerate.