Pesto Tortilla Rollups are to die for. The pestos are very different so their flavors really stand out. Using the beans as a base melds it all together.
Pesto Tortilla Rollups came to my mind when I was brainstorming with myself. I was trying to think of a rollup that I had never had before and with items that I loved. Oh, I thought – a pesto! Maybe two pestos?
All I could do was try it. Gee, aren’t I smart? It was so good and the pestos are very different so their flavors really stood out.
Using the beans as a base was also a good combo and it held the rolls together. Don’t be tempted to add more ingredients because these are perfect.
It sounds like I am really bragging over this recipe and I apologize. It’s not like me but I gotta tell you that it isn’t too often that a recipe comes up that is easy to make with a few ingredients and the oven doesn’t even have to be turned on.
Very pretty on the plate too. Every rollup has disappeared whenever I’ve had them out so I figure that’s a thumbs up too.
And … I could eat them all up myself as a meal. Yes, I love appetizers. Bet you do too!
I have two more rollups on the blog and I’m trying to decide which one you might like the most. Oh, no! I can’t decide.
Ohhh, let’s go with Spicy Tortilla Rollups. They’ve got quite a few veggies added inside and are super good.
You know what else I love. When the guys (and girls) come over and watch sports on the big t.v. It is big! You can’t get the t.v.’s big enough for me and I don’t even watch sports.
Okay, I watch the Olympics. Back to when the guys come over – these roll-ups are very quick to throw together and they are an easy food to pop in your mouth along with chips and salsa.
A real winner.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Pesto Tortilla Rollups
- 10 Tortillas - that are about 6-8" across - you can use less tortillas if you buy the larger size. They are just for stuffing and rolling anyway.
- 15 ounces pinto beans - can, drained, or homemade refried beans that equal about 10 ounces (you can also use giant white beans cannellini)
- 2 tablespoons salsa - any of your favorite
- 2 ounces Basil Pesto - small jar or homemade that equals about 2 ounces
- 2 ounces Sun Dried Tomato Pesto - see link to homemade sun dried tomato pesto below in the Instructions - small jar or homemade that equals about 2 ounces
- Process the whole beans in a Food Processor or mash really well with a fork.
- Put the processed beans in a small mixing bowl and mix in the salsa.
- Now for assembly.
- Spread a small amount of the bean mixture on the tortilla.
- See the photo below.
- Go almost to the edge and not real thick.
- Spread a little bit of sun dried tomato pesto and also the basil pesto on the tortillas that already have the bean mixture.
- Now roll up the tortillas firmly but not tight. You don't want to squish out the ingredients.
- Cut the roll with about 1" slices.
- The end slices are what you call throw always but don't throw them away. Eat them!