Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins not only taste great on their own they also have a blackberry syrup and chopped peanuts topping. Whoa!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins are the brainchild of a sweets and peanut butter lovin’ aficionado – Me! The flavors go on and on because after the muffin ingredients are combined and baked there is a delectable topping. Blackberry jelly is melted to make a syrup and after it is brushed on the baked muffins they are sprinkled with finely chopped peanuts. Really good!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2-1/8 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- Coconut oil for lightly coating tin for 12 muffins
- 1/2 cup vegan type butter such as Earth Balance softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons egg replacers with 6 Tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- For the topping:
- 1/4 cup blackberry jelly
- 1/4 cup peanuts finely chopped
- Lightly oil tin for 12 muffins.
- Mix together the egg replacer and water and set aside.
- Stir together the flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Cut the peanut butter and softened butter in with the flour mixture to make small little crumbles.
- Add the vanilla almond milk and egg replacer mixture. Stir just until incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill the tins about 1/2"-3/4" full.
- Bake at 400° for 23 minutes.
- Take out of oven and let cool 10 minutes.
- Remove the muffins from the muffin tin and set aside to put on the topping.
- For the topping:
- Melt 1/4 cup blackberry jelly to make a syrup.
- Brush the top of each muffin with the syrup.
- When all are complete sprinkle the chopped nuts over the top.
- Lightly press with your hand to help adhere the syrup to the peanuts.
- After they have cooled you may freeze them in any of the methods shown in my article Preparing Food for the Freezer
- They defrost quickly so it really doesn't take any planning. The microwave will also zap them in 20 seconds.