Mixed Olive Tapenade Crostini is a classic recipe that can be prepared quickly for a special appetizer. Spruced up for just a bit more oomph!
I am always ready for a party. Especially casual ones where people just seem to get together with no effort.
Mixed Olive Tapenade Crostini is a classic and simple recipe. Everyone must really like it because there is never a drop left at the end of the party.
It will show that you care about your guests. The bonus is that no one will know that you only spent a few minutes in the kitchen.
I have a couple of other fabulous crostini recipes that you might like to try too. Bell Pepper Bruschetta Crostini is a crowd pleasing appetizer and Mushroom Bruschetta Crostini is a fantastic mixture.
All of these tapenades and bruschettas would work for elegant dinners, holidays and game day. All three sharing one big bowl of little toasts would really be fun.
Olive Tapenade Crostini
Mixed Olive Tapenade Crostini is a classic recipe that can be prepared quickly for a special appetizer.
- 15 ounces large pitted black olives - can, 12 to 15 ounces
- 21 ounces green pimento olives - large jar
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic , finely chopped or minced
- 1/4 cup white onion , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 loaf Italian baguette - sliced, use a gluten free bread if needed
- Drain the liquid from both olive containers.
- Finely chop the garlic. I use this cool little Mini Chopper
- Put all of the ingredients in a food processor and pulse 2 to 5 times. You want little chunks as seen in the photos.
- That is literally it!
- Serve now, or refrigerate for later.
IF SERVING NOW: Prepare the crostini toasts: Lay out the Italian bread slices on a cookie sheet. Lightly brush each bread with olive oil. The new silicone brushes are great. They wash up really easy. Put the cookie sheet on the top shelf under the broiler. Don't do anything else. Just stand there and keep checking the bread and don't let them burn. It only takes a minute or two. After the toasts are lightly browned, remove from the oven. They are ready to use anytime. You can keep them in the refrigerator for later use too. It keeps in the fridge for at least a week to two weeks.