Nut Free Vegan Parmesan Cheese takes 5 minutes to make and may be your choice of parmesan after you've tasted it. High in protein and flavor hemp seeds are the star!
Have you ever taken a spoonful of hemp seed hearts? If you haven't then you're missing something. They are that good!
I have very loving nieces that are well over 20 and can easily tell me 'no' but I have held up a spoonful (well half a spoon so I didn't freak them out) and said: "Here try it! You're going to love them!"
They all hesitated but then took the spoonful and all of them couldn't believe it. Their eyes would open wide and say "Wow! What is that!"
It's raw hemp seeds and it's also called hemp seed hearts. Not toasted. Those are different. But they are packed full of protein and the best addition to almost everything.
You'll have only five ingredients to nirvana with this recipe. All it takes are some measuring spoons, measuring cups, and a food processor.
The food processor really does come in handy. I really don't know how all of the ingredients would be broken down in any other way.
Come to think of it a mortar and pestle would probably work but then it would take more than mere minutes.
You can grind as fine as you like. I didn't go real fine this time around but you can do whatever pleases you. The taste is still the same.
You can use a spoon, a shaker and even your fingers to sprinkle on the goods. Just make sure you get enough.
I just posted an Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes recipes and sprinkled this all over the potatoes. Wow!
Table of Contents
Health Benefits of Hemp Seed
- 6g of protein are in one ounce! If you're like me I can use 1 ounce very easily.
- They have fat and they are the 'good fat' = omega-3 and omega-6 so make sure you have hemp seeds occasionally.
- There is Vitamin E included and so many more nutrients that you don't want to miss.
- Lately 'they' are saying that hemp seeds may reduce symptoms of menopause. That's got to be a plus!
- Minerals galore = iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, sulfur, calcium, and zinc.
Tips for Making Nut Free Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- There aren't too many notes to take for this recipe.
- I already mentioned a food processor is needed and it really is because you want to break everything down to about the same size.
- Don't over-process it. You don't want hemp butter. It just takes about 15 pulses or about 15 seconds.
- Do add the seasonings. Give it a try because it is over the top good but if you have picky eaters such as a child or an adult child then you can hold back and just use the salt.
- No need to add any other binder or filler. The ingredients are a really nice mix.
- Keep refrigerated.
- Your package of hemp hearts will have an expiration date on it and that is the date you can go by for how long it will keep in the fridge.
Stainless steel measuring cups and spoons - this set has so many sizes!
You don't need a huge food processor and this 3 cup one will work great. If you have a big one that will work too!
Are you looking for cute little corked bottles for this nut free vegan parmesan cheese and other seasonings? Then these glass bottles might be what you're looking for.
Nut Free Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup hemp seeds, raw shelled and they are also called hemp hearts
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor.
- Turn on high for about 15-20 seconds, tops. Scrape down the sides if needed. You can also pulse it about 15 to 20 times instead. Stir and sprinkle!
- Keep refrigerated.