No Bake Stuffed Mini Peppers are a perfect vegetable appetizer. Mild Sweet Peppers are filled with a flavorful chunky chickpea stuffing.
When I go to the grocery store and enter the produce section, right up front, there are these see through bags filled with the most colorful freshest looking sweet mini peppers.
They are calling to me – ‘buy me’. I am always trying to figure out what I could do with them. Well, I landed on the idea of a simple and rewarding appetizer.
Are you ready for some football, parties, tapas, snacks or light lunch? This healthy, low fat finger food will fill the bill. There are two or three good bites in one of these little peppers and the flavors are mildly spicy.
Check it out!
No Bake Stuffed Mini Peppers
No Bake Stuffed Mini Peppers are a perfect vegetable appetizer.
- 32 ounces sweet mini peppers they come in a bag
- 15 ounces chickpeas , can, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup almond mayonnaise (get the link to the recipe in the Instructions below)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 scallions , finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Cut the stem end off of the peppers. Slice lengthwise. Remove any seeds that are inside. Set aside.
Here is the recipe for Homemade Almond Mayonnaise. It is really flavorful too.
- Place all of the remaining ingredients in a food processor.
- Pulse four or five times. The chickpeas should be chunky.
- Remove the blade and stir to make sure the mixture is blended well.
- Stuff each pepper half with about 2 tablespoons of the chickpea mixture.
- Set on a plate to serve.
- You may cover them with plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
The chickpea stuffing will freeze up to three months in a rigid sided container.
The sweet mild peppers need to be fresh from the grocery store.
To serve after freezing:
Defrost the stuffing, overnight in the refrigerator.
Stuff the peppers as described above.