No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies are a favorite, have no refined sugar, take 10 minutes to make, have the texture of a cookie. That’s 5 Stars!
The day I made cookies without baking them and the texture was like a cookie, I got religion. Well, I gotta say I have lots of religion but this was a trial and error recipe that had me jumping through hoops.
The first test turned out to be wonderful soft truffles and I want to tell you all about that recipe one day very soon. The second try was a little too sweet and they still didn’t harden but the third try was just right. Hallelujah!
This recipe is based on a non-vegan recipe that has been around for 50 years or more.
I mean, I have heard people say that their grandmother’s made them so that is pretty old!
Although the premise was good there was just way too much unhealthy stuff inside. Not anymore. These no-bake cookies are stackable, aren’t too crispy and who doesn’t like chocolate and peanut butter.
You’ve got to check out the ingredients.
Proof that you can have your sweets and still live a healthier plant-based life. That is my goal with this blog. To make recipes that people love but show that nothing is being missed.
You can have all the textures; crunchy, creamy, chewy, soft and all the tastes; sweet, spicy, tangy and mild. Everything can be plant-based.
Believe me I don’t want to miss any of the delicious recipes I remember from my pre-vegan years. I also have another agenda. I want my family to love to eat at my house. Not just to like the food but to really really like it. So far, so good.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Silk’s products are the best. There is not only dairy free milk, like 30 different varieties, but there is also creamer, yogurt, Silknog and many dairy free milks in single size packaging.
The Unsweetened Almondmilk that I used in No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies has 30 calories per serving and 50% more calcium than dairy milk and so much more.
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies are a favorite, have no refined sugar, take 10 minutes to make, have the texture of a cookie.
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk unsweetened
- 3 tablespoons dairy free butter
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- salt pinch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup peanut butter creamy
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats You can use quick cooking oats too if that is what you have on hand, Old Fashioned oats
- Place the dairy free milk, dairy free butter, coconut sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder and chocolate chips in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a rolling boil and then look at the timer. Boil at a roiling boil for 2 minutes.
- Stir once in a while so that the chocolate chips don't stick to the bottom of the pan before they melt.
- Remove from heat and add salt, vanilla extract, peanut butter and mix until the peanut butter melts.
- Stir in the oats.
- With a spoon, drop dollops of the batter onto wax paper.
- Within a minute or less you can handle them and shape into cookies.
- Lay the cookies back down and let set for an hour or so.
- You can speed up the cooling and hardening process by placing them in the refrigerator.
You can easily double this recipe!
Place in freezer bags and store up to 4 months.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.