Thin mint cookie truffles are a fun and delicious treat! They are easy to make, don't require baking, and the mint-chocolate combo creates a heavenly dessert.
The most famous mint cookies are the Girl Scout Cookies. But other companies make thin mint cookies like Little Brownie Bakers, and I have yet to find any vegan ones.
This isn't just any old cookie dough recipe. It has dairy-free cream cheese mixed into the crushed cookies. No flour is necessary, making the inside nice and soft with the texture of truffles.
Why You'll Love This Thin Mint Truffle Recipe
No Baking Required- This vegan cookie truffle recipe is the ideal no-bake treat.
Festive- Perfect for the holidays or any gathering!
A Crowd-Pleaser- These will be the star of your dessert menu. Everyone loves these mint chocolate truffles!
What Are Truffles?
Truffles are balls of dough made with various ingredients, usually flavored and covered in chocolate. They can be either savory or sweet. Sweet truffles generally consist of rich, creamy centers, often made with cream cheese or peanut butter.
This vegan version combines vegan cream cheese and crushed mint cookies. The outside of each truffle is then rolled in dairy-free chocolate and colored sprinkles for an extra special touch.
How To Decorate Truffles
The melted chocolate coating covers the cookie dough balls. Before the chocolate hardens, decorate the cookie dough truffles. You can change up the color of the coating, too, with vegan candy melts. Decorate with sprinkles, and you have beautiful candy to celebrate any holiday.
- Besides using chocolate as the base color, mix them in with another color.
- White is always lovely, as in the ones used for the Christmas truffles. You can decorate them with other color sprinkles to go with any holiday.
- Use pink sprinkles or melts for Valentine's Day or Mother's Day.
- Blue icing or sprinkles would be great for Chanukah or Father's Day.
- Multi-colored decorations are perfect for many celebrations, such as birthdays and graduations.
- Food Processor
- Large Bowl
- Hand Mixer or Stirring Spoon
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Mint Cookies- Make the best truffle ingredient.
- Dairy-Free Cream Cheese Adds flavor and makes the cookie crumbs moldable.
- Vegan Chocolate- Makes these vegan edible cookie dough balls extra creamy.
- Colored Candy Melts- We used green for these photos, but you can use any color.
How To Make Thin Mint Cookie Truffles
It is almost too easy. Kid-friendly for sure - to make and to eat.
Take out your food processor and pulse the cookies until they are a crumb consistency.
Mix the cookie crumbs and the dairy-free cream cheese in a large bowl.
Roll the mixture into balls. Using your hands makes the mint cookie dough more solid and easier to work with.
Lay them on a baking sheet that has been lined with waxed paper or parchment paper.
Freeze on the tray for about 30 minutes. This makes them even more solid and easy to dunk into the chocolate candy coating.
You'll want to melt chocolate while this raw cookie dough is in the freezer.
In a medium-sized bowl, melt the chocolate until smooth. Follow the directions on the package of your chocolate.
If you are using a microwave, that will work really well. Just melt it in 30-second increments so the chocolate doesn't get burned.
Stop short of the chocolate being completely melted. It will finish melting from the heat already in the bowl.
Remove the mint cookie dough truffles from the freezer, and with a fork, pick up a truffle and dip it into the melted chocolate.
Let the extra chocolate drip off, and rub the bottom of the fork against the edge of the bowl. Place back onto the baking sheet.
Decorate with sprinkles while the chocolate is still melted.
Continue until you are done with the chocolate coating.
Melt the green candy coating and dip the truffles as you did with the melted chocolate.
Decorate with sprinkles before the coating has hardened.
Let harden if you want to pipe icing lines on the mint cookie truffles.
Thin Mint Truffles FAQ's
That is no problem. You can add green food coloring to the melts to get the desired color.
Put a contrasting color in a piping bag that has a small tip. Place the mint truffles on a cooling rack that has a pan or parchment paper underneath. Start off of the side of a ball and start piping while moving across the ball. Go off the ball and keep piping while you move back and forth over the ball. The pan or parchment paper will catch the icing that has dripped off and you can use it again.
You can use plain chocolate cookies and add a few drops of mint extract to the crumbles. You won't need much at all.
Mint Recipes To Love
- You can't beat the ultimate mint candy in this Homemade Peppermint Patties recipe.
- Mint Chocolate Pinwheel Cookies will melt in your mouth.
Mint Cookie Truffles
- 15 ounces Mint cookies
- 8 ounces Dairy-free cream cheese - softened
- 1 ½ cups Chocolate - for coating
- Green sprinkles - optional
- Green candy melts - optional
- In a food processor blend cookies until crumb consistency.
- Add the dairy-free cream cheese and then mix until well combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or your hands scoop out and roll into small balls.
- Place on a parchment-lined tray and freeze for about 30 minutes.
- In a medium-size bowl melt the chocolate until smooth. About a minute 30 seconds in the microwave but check and stir periodiaally.
- Remove the truffles from the freezer. With a fork, pick up a truffle and dip them into the melted chocolate. Lift and wipe off the bottom on the side of the bowl.
- Place on a parchment-lined tray and repeat with the remaining truffles.
- Decorate with sprinkles before the chocolate or colored melts harden.
- Let sit for 10 minutes and serve. If you want them to harden faster put in the refrigerator.