Mildly Marinated Cauliflower is the perfect balance of pickling spices. There's a sweet tang that children will love it and don't hesitate to add it to salads.
I don't want to over-sell this recipe but it the best-marinated cauliflower I have ever had! It has such a good spark of flavor that even the children love it.
Cauliflower has been the darling of the vegan world for at least a couple of years. It's really no surprise since this perfect vegetable is so versatile.
Roast it, bake it, steam it or fry it. All is perfect!
Sauces only seem the enhance the little morsels. You can go Mexican style, Asian, East Indian and on and on.
For this recipe, we're going pure with a perfect fresh pickling mixture. It's mild and just right.
There is no sharp pickled taste but a mild enhancement to the cauliflower. It is pickled but not in the way that you are familiar with.
A great appetizer and I would serve it with toothpicks alongside colorful olives, snap peas and jicama.
A simple recipe with just 5 ingredients and no oil makes these little bites a go-to. The date/coconut sugar adds a very mild sweetness and it also adds a pretty sparkle to the cauliflower.
Can you see in the photo?
Another appetizer and snack that would go nicely alongside this Mildly Marinated Cauliflower would be the easy to pop in your mouth nuts recipe called Slow Cooker Maple Glazed Walnuts.
One thing that you should try too is to be sure to add this cauliflower recipe to a fresh green salad.
Top the whole salad with a favorite dressing and you will be in heaven. It would make a wonderful complete lunch.
Mildly Marinated Cauliflower
- 1 head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar - you can also use date sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Put the flowerettes into a steamer and steam 15 minutes.
- Mix the white wine vinegar, date or coconut sugar, water and salt in a bowl and stir well.
- The sugar granules will not dissolve.
- It is not a sweet marinade. The sugar just cuts the vinegar.
- Place the cooked cauliflower in a dish that has a cover.
- Pour the marinade over the cauliflower and cover.
- Put in the refrigerator and marinate overnight or at least 8 hours.
All ready to go. This will keep in the refrigerator for about a week.