Marbled Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies woven with chocolate make these cookies a dream come true. Easy to make with swirls of melted chocolate. A cookie lover’s favorite.
It is amazing how many cookie varieties there are in the world. So many times the ingredients are quite similar and the cookies turn out so different.
I have a cookie recipe collection that fills a huge recipe box. I mean this recipe box has drawers and levels! It’s a collection that I started when I was very young.
I have some of moms, many are in my handwriting and some are recipes that have been cut out of magazines and newspapers and stuck on 3×5 cards. Yes, that’s how old the collection is. 3×5 cards!
Fast forward to now.
We were thinking of putting our house up for sale so I started packing some things that I thought I wouldn’t need right away. That included all of those cookie recipes.
I mean I couldn’t bake until I got an oven again so the recipe boxes all went in a storage garage. I marked them clearly but away they went.
Guess what? We ended up not listing our house. I miss those recipes so much.
I know what I am going to be doing in the next month or so. Looking for and digging through though boxes!
I’m glad I have this Marbled Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies Recipe to share with you though.
Its newly created and a keeper!
More of the Best Peanut Butter Cookies Recipes
How can I resist sharing some delicious and easy cookie recipes with you that I already have on the blog?
If you like peanut butter you’ll love these! Maple Peanut Butter Cookies have been a classic in our family for years. One of the first cookie recipes I ever made. Want a peek?
You might as well make some fabulous cookies that just happen to be the Healthiest Peanut Butter Cookies.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Helpful Tools for Making Marbled Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies
If you have an electric mixer then that takes a lot of the work out of cookies. Hand mixers work great too.
Electric or by hand something you’ll need for sure is the measuring cups and spoons. This set has both and lots of sizes.
You can’t beat a great set of stainless steel baking sheets.
Marbled Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies
- 1/2 cup dairy free butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg substitute, my favorite is chia seed/flour eggs
- 1/2 cup dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- extra sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the dairy free butter and peanut butter at medium speed for about 20 seconds - until smooth.
- Mix your non dairy egg according to package directions. I use a chia egg which is 1 Tablespoon chia flour and 3 Tablespoons water. To make the flour you need to grind chia seeds to a fine meal. The flour keeps perfectly in the freezer for future use. Set the prepared egg aside.
- Melt the chocolate and set aside to cool a bit.
- Add 3/4 cup flour to the peanut butter mixture.
- Add the sugar, maple syrup, prepared egg substitute, baking powder and vanilla.
- Beat until combined.
- Add the remaining flour and beat well.
- Remove the beater and drizzle the melted chocolate over the batter. Lightly swirl in the chocolate with a wooden spoon so that there are streaks of chocolate.
- Roll into 36 balls and then roll in sugar.
- Put in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Slightly flatten the balls with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 7-8 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
After they have cooled you may freeze them in any of the methods shown in my article Preparing Food for the Freezer.
They defrost quickly so it really doesn’t take any planning. Just put them on a plate for an hour or two and enjoy.
Another bonus for these cookies is that you can freeze the dough before baking. Just pop out a tray full, or more, defrost and bake when you are ready for a treat.