Vegan Muffins Chocolate Chips with Macadamia Nuts are irresistible vegan breakfast muffins or afternoon snack! Deliciously moist and tender with everyone’s favorite ingredients making the perfect flavor combination. A must-try recipe!
The soft and almost creamy texture of Macadamia nuts paired with semi-sweet dark chocolate makes the perfect combo to create the tastiest muffins.
The only regret you’ll have making these muffins is that you wish that you made a double batch because they go too quickly! Luckily they are super easy to make—these muffins can grace your table in 30 minutes!
Their exceptional taste truly comes from the Macadamia nuts.
In case you never tried them before:
- These pale, yellow-white round seeds have a rich buttery flavor. Probably due to their high content of healthy fats.
- They are deliciously creamy, slightly sweet but with a subtle salty aftertaste.
- Their texture is almost soft but still mildly crunchy!
- They not only taste nourishing but are extremely satisfying as a snack.
- And are out of this world when combined with chocolate to make a baked treat.
Interesting Facts About Macadamia Nuts
- They are an Australian native.
- Macadamias have to be imported from particular regions of the world.
- We can’t grow them here in America with Hawaii being the only exception.
- They are also only harvested when ripened and fallen off the tree.
- A single tree produces only a small number of these nuts per season making them even harder to get.
- They are also hard to prepare before being able to sell them. They literally are one of the hardest nuts to crack.
- I also have to add that they are irresistible!
Easy to Make Vegan Muffins Chocolate Chips & Nuts
Just gather together the wet and dry ingredients. It just takes minutes.
Quickly mix together all of the ingredients EXCEPT the chocolate chips and macadamias.
Next just fold in the nuts and chocolate. The batter will be full of the extra ingredients and will already be looking very very delicious.
Now you’re all set to fill up the prepared baking tins. I used one large 12 cup holder but two six-cups work just fine.
You can also use muffin cups but I choose to lightly spray the tins with organic olive oil. You can see that the cups are pretty full with batter. About 3/4 full.
Vegan Muffins Chocolate Chips with Macadamia Nuts will puff up nice and full.
Bake and all is perfection. As you can see they have a little darker color from the coconut sugar. The flavor is exceptional.
I am pleased to announce that I found macadamia nuts in a larger bag over at my local Ralph’s grocery store. They are also Kroegers and Smith’s and I can’t think of what other stores are in the Kroeger conglomeration but there are more.
But what I’m getting at is that the price is better than it used to be. Before, it was always in a smaller jar for lots and lots of dollars. I’m snacking on them much more freely than I used to.
More Vegan Breakfast Muffins that I think You’ll Also Want to Make:
- Healthy Morning Muffins really are over-the-top healthy and still taste great!
- Are Apricots one of your favorites. Well, dried apricots are wonderful in these Vegan Apricot Muffins.
- Black Forest Cherry Muffins are as good as they sound!
- I’d better do a ‘Best Morning Muffins You’ve Ever Had’ Roundup because I just counted sixteen recipes on the blog. Ha! And they’re all very different. Here’s one more for you – Cinnamon Apple Crisp Muffins 🙂
I put 6 muffins in the freezer as soon as they cooled off and Ed finished the last one last night. Looks like I’ll be taking them out in a week or so. Thank goodness there were twelve.
So let me know how yours turn out. And don’t forget to indulge in one when it’s warm and straight from the oven! Slathered with dairy-free butter is really delicious too.
What Do You Think?
If you’d like to leave a star rating along with a comment for these tropical themed muffins, it would really be appreciated.
And if you take a photo of your homemade recipe, follow me over on Instagram and tag me on your photo @vegan_in_the_freezer. You could even use my hashtag #VeganInTheFreezer. I’d love to see it!
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins with Macadamia Nuts
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg replacer and follow the directions for your variety for how much water to add - Ener G is 1-1/2 teaspoon egg replacer and 2 Tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup dairy-free milk
- 1/2 cup dairy-free butter, melted
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts chopped
- Lightly oil 12 muffins cups and set aside.
- Mix your egg replacer with the required measurement of water and set aside.
- In a large bowl add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix together.
- In another bowl mix together the wet ingredients - the egg replacer mixture, dairy-free milk and melted dairy-free butter.
- Add to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Add the chocolate chips and macadamia nut and fold in until combined.
- Divide evenly among the 12 prepared muffin cups.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool a few minutes before removing to cool completely on a rack.