Hot Pinto Bean Dip is an American go-to when it comes to throwing a party. Everyone loves it and this one adds a little bit more. It’s a big batch from scratch!
Hot Pinto Bean Dip is spicy from select spices and it couldn’t be better for a protein packed and delicious dip. Since it also keeps great in the fridge you can prepare it a couple of days before the party and you’d have the dip covered.
Not only that, since this is ‘a big batch’ recipe you can freeze the extra for the next party if need be. Hey, pack it in smaller batches for the freezer so there is a great bean dip, anytime, for just you or a small get together.
If you’re serving two dips (and often we are) you might want to go in a complete opposite direction for the second and also make Bell Pepper Bruschetta Dip. These two dips would really compliment each other.
One is beans and one is straight balsamic spiked veggies. So much flavor and fun at your party!
Don’t forget to make Hot Pinto Bean Dip a day or two before so you don’t have to think about your dip again and just have a great time!
Hot Pinto Bean Dip
- 16 ounces dried pinto beans
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Spike Vegit Spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 8 ounces dairy free cheddar shreds
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes, can
- Dump the beans in a colander and rinse.
- Place in a large stockpot and cover with water by about 4 inches.
- Cover and bring to a boil. When the bwater comes to a boil, crack the lid and cook over medium heat for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. When you can pinch a bean they are done.
- Drain and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Mash the beans with a potato masher. It takes a little while. I will also go in and use the back of a fork too.
- You can do this in a food processor too but be careful not to go too far and make it like the consistency of baby food. Not good for this dip. You would need to do this in smaller batches so you can keep an eye on them. Then turn into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- To serve hot - cover bowl and heat in microwave for a minute or two stirring in between minutes.
- Again, stir well and serve with your favorite sturdy chips and veggies.