This Homemade Chocolate Syrup recipe is silky, smooth, and so easy to make. With only 5 ingredients, you can create a chocolaty rich and delicious vegan syrup that you can use in coffee or as a topping for so many goodies.
Homemade Chocolate Syrup is delectable clean eating with no preservatives or additives.
It is so fun to make something you thought would be impossible and it turns out to be (humbly speaking) super fantastic!
It's not a good feeling when you want chocolate syrup for something and the cupboard is bare. Well, that's not going to happen anymore.
A few ingredients and a few minutes and you've got it!
An Irresistible Chocolate Syrup Recipe
- You only need five simple ingredients.
- Everything comes together quickly with a bit of stirring and simmering over the stove in one pot.
- It is homemade and so much healthier than any store-bought syrup with only natural ingredients and no refined sugar either.
- What you'll get is a creamy and irresistible hot fudge-like sauce that you can use for so many desserts and more.
If you have never made homemade chocolate syrup, then I urge you to give this recipe a try.
Because once you make this, you will never go back to storebought. It is that good and that easy.
And this chocolate sauce is super silky and perfect for when your dessert screams for a special topping.
How to Make Chocolate Syrup
- This recipe starts with boiling a cup of water and stirring in coconut sugar until it dissolves.
- Coconut sugar gives it a unique light-sweet taste while the amount of water is just enough for a smooth texture—not too thick, not too thin.
- Cocoa powder is what you need to get that true rich, decadent chocolatey flavor. You know that stuff that comes from cocoa beans and grows in pods on cacao trees.
- Don't forget the salt. A bit is all you need to balance out the sweetness but it makes all the difference.
- In the end, I always stir in some vanilla. Vanilla intensifies the chocolate flavor while adding its own unique taste.
- Don't pour it over your favorite dessert just yet. Let it cool a bit, so the texture becomes a little thicker.
I told you it was super easy!
Cocoa Powder Benefits
- Cocoa is rich in minerals, low in calories, high in fiber. And if that's not enough, it contains plant-based antioxidants.
- It elevates your mood too. How about that? I knew I was happier when tasting chocolate!
Some Ways To Use Homemade Chocolate Syrup
- Ice cream is the apparent number one reason why you should make this syrup. I'll leave some links below to some of my favorite vegan ice cream recipes.
- But feel free to drizzle this syrup over your favorite cakes or shakes. Pancake or waffles too.
- Now here is another idea! Want some fantastic hot chocolate? Just mix one cup vanilla almond milk with 1/4 cup of this healthy chocolate syrup. Heat through and then sit and sip, sip sip. Now that is what I call relaxing!
- Stir it in your coffee.
As promised, here are some dairy free ice cream desserts you might enjoy with Homemade Chocolate Syrup.
And how about a little chocolate on chocolate with Coconut Milk Chocolate Ice Cream
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
What Do You Think?
If you take a photo of your gorgeous rich chocolate syrup I would love to see it. Follow me over on Instagram and tag me on your photo @vegan_in_the_freezer.
Homemade Chocolate Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2/3 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Bring the water to a boil and add the sugar.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves - It takes less than a minute.
- Stir in the cocoa and salt and simmer. Stirring 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Let cool.
- It will thicken as it cools.
- Enjoy in a billion ways.