Homemade Almond Mayonnaise is an extremely flavorful spread that will mimic classic egg mayonnaise on any sandwich. Easy to make in about 10 minutes.
Homemade Almond Mayonnaise is an extremely flavorful spread that will mimic classic egg mayonnaise on any sandwich. Dare I say it is even better?
Certainly delicious in every way. I also have used it as a spread on sweet breads such as my Walnut Pear Bread.
It is so fun to create common condiments that are rich in nutrients and vitamins with no additives or preservatives. I call it nutrinnaise in my everyday life and just love it.
Sometimes bread can be dry and you just want to add something that enhances and doesn’t overpower. This spread does the job every time. It is a great dip for veggies too! Just that little something extra.
Give this recipe a try and I believe it will stay in you recipe collection for life.
Homemade Almond Mayonnaise
Homemade Almond Mayonnaise is an extremely flavorful spread.
- Soak the almonds overnight or about 8 hours. They will bulk up in size.
- Place the almonds in a blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients - except the oil.
- Turn on your blender and blend until it is as smooth as you can get it. Different blenders will do different work because of the amount of power that they have. No matter what your blender you will get a delicious almond mayonnaise.
- Now slowly pour in the olive oil through the opening in the lid. I found 1/2 cup to be perfect but you may add a little more if you would like it thinner.
- Taste the nutonnaise. See if you would like a little bit more lemon juice. Sometimes I do but not always.
- Some people like a dash of maple syrup also.
- You are done so enjoy!
This will keep in the fridge for about a week. It would get too solid if you used coconut oil so olive oil is best. This does not freeze so if a 1-1/2 cup is too much you can cut the ingredients in half.