Homemade Almond Mayonnaise is an extremely flavorful spread that will mimic classic egg mayonnaise on any sandwich. Easy to make in about 10 minutes.
Homemade Almond Mayonnaise is such a flavorful spread and can be used anytime you’re looking for something to mimic mayonnaise.
It is the perfect substitute on any sandwich. Dare I say it is even better?
Certainly delicious in every way. I also have used it as a spread on sweet breads such as my Walnut Pear Bread.
It is so fun to create common condiments that are rich in nutrients and vitamins with no additives or preservatives. I call this nutrinnaise in my everyday life and just love it.
Sometimes bread can be dry and you just want to add something that enhances and doesn’t overpower. This spread does the job every time.
It ‘s a great dip for veggies too! Just that little something extra.
Give this recipe a try and I believe it will stay in you recipe collection for life.
This condiment will keep in the fridge for about a week.
Make sure you use extra virgin olive oil because it would get too solid if you used coconut oil. It seems like the perfect ingredient for the spread anyway.
Almond Mayonnaise made this way does not freeze so if 1 1/2 cups is too much for you the ingredients can easily be cut the half.
Homemade almond mayonnaise has a really nice texture too. Almonds don’t completely disappear when they are
processed in a food processor. They keep some of their fiber.
That adds to the quality of the spread. I like to get it as smooth as possible becasue to me that’s just right. You’ll see.
This is also a great alternative for people who are allergic to cashews. I mean everything doesn’t have to be made of cashews. Variety is the spice of life.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Homemade Almond Mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup raw almonds, then soak overnight covered with water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, that is about 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Soak the almonds overnight, in water with about 2 inches to cover. Soak at least 2 hours or overnight. They will bulk up in size. Drain.
- Place the almonds in a blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients - except the oil.
- Turn on your blender and blend until it is as smooth as you can get it. Different blenders will do different work because of the amount of power that they have. No matter what your blender you will get a delicious almond mayonnaise.
- Now slowly pour in the olive oil through the opening in the lid. I found 1/2 cup to be perfect but you may add a little more if you would like it thinner.
- Taste the nutonnaise. See if you would like a little bit more lemon juice. Sometimes I do but not always.
- Some people like a dash of maple syrup also.
- You are done so enjoy!