Healthiest Peanut Butter Cookies are sweet, crunchy and delicious. This classic is turned up a notch with a little chocolate too.
I do believe this is the Healthiest Peanut Butter Cookies recipe I have seen. Peanut buttery, sweet, crunchy and delicious. Ed has become cookie obsessed. He wants me to keep them in stock at all times.
Now, he is actually a very healthy eater and in great shape which brings me to the fact that he does not eat the cookies. Maybe four or six out of 3 or 4 dozen. The rascal.
I really don’t mind and I give a lot away which makes the neighbors very happy. It challenges me to think up new recipes. Hey, maybe that is his whole idea.
Did I mention there is a little chocolate too? The classic has been turned up a notch.
How Do You Mix Chia Seed Egg Substitutes?
- An egg is actually made with chia seed meal/flour, not the bare seed. You can also use flaxseed meal in the same way.
- Lately, I have found ground chia seed in a package. That makes it all so easy but here are the instructions in case you don’t find it.
- The way you make chia meal/flour is by grinding the chia seed in a processor such as one for your coffee beans or a spice grinder. I use mine to strictly grind seeds so that I do not mix flavors. Grind until it is a fine meal.
- I do about 4 ounces at a time and keep it in a little freezer safe canning jar – in the freezer.
- When I need a tablespoon or so it is all ready to go.
- So … one egg equals 1 tablespoon chia meal and 3 tablespoons water.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
What Do You Think?
If you take a photo of your perfectly delicious cookies I would love to see it. Follow me over on Instagram and tag me on your photo @vegan_in_the_freezer.
Your opinion means a lot to me and if you’d like to leave a comment and possibly a star rating I’d love to hear your thoughts.
Healthiest Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup dairy free butter
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds then mixed with 3 tablespoons water - see how to make a chia egg above
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 ounces Semi Sweet Chocolate
- Mix the flax seed meal together with the water and set aside so it can gel.
- In a large bowl - Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Make 1" balls and lay on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Flatten the balls with the bottom of a sturdy glass.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and remove to a wire rack to cook completely.
- All done and delicious.