This Grilled Vegetables Recipe is starring 10 of the most popular vegetables. All you do is prepare the veggies, brush them with a delicious mix, grill, and eat!
It is warming up outside and that backyard is looking awfully inviting. I'm thinking grilled vegetables are in order.
From the lines at the big box stores, I think everyone has been sprucing up their landscaping. Now it's time to get out in the yard and enjoy it.
This recipe covers a lot of vegetable varieties but you can add and remove any that you like. Cauliflower steaks would work and big portobello mushrooms would be great too.
As you can see the process is pretty easy to get to where you can enjoy the food and share it with others.
💭 How to prepare vegetables
- Wash all of the vegetables to get off any dirt. If you can buy organic, please do.
- You don't need to peel and pare all of the veggies when grilling. Carrots can be pared and you could do the potatoes but yellow and red potato skins are nice and thin so it really isn't necessary.
- If the potatoes are on the larger side then cut them in half.
- Shuck the corn and cut into large pieces so you can still hold them.
- Cut any large peppers in half and take out the seeds and devein them. The small sweet peppers can be treated this way too but they can also be left whole.
- You can slice squash and zucchini as rounds or if they are thin enough just slice right down the center lengthwise.
- Cut the woody big end off of the asparagus if need be.
- If the carrots have leafy tops it is really pretty. Cut them off shorter with scissors so that you don't have a bunch of leafy green on the end and lay the stems off the edge of the grill if you want to keep them from browning.
- Small tomatoes can go on whole with their ends still on. The ones that come in a bunch on their stems in the grocery store are very nice.
- Cut onions into large wedges to grill as big pieces. They can come apart after they come off the grill.
- Sturdy mushrooms such as cremini or portobello can be left whole.
- Mixed vegetables - use as many as you like or use about 2 to 3 pounds for this recipe.
- Extra virgin olive oil - helps the veggies brown and helps gives you nice grill marks.
- Salt and pepper - seasons the oil and vegetables very nicely.
- Italian seasoning - is a tasty all-around seasoning mixture. This is my homemade version.
- Onion powder - is powerful so a little goes a long way and adds a lot of flavor.
- Garlic - has a pungent flavor but when used sparingly it is delicious.
- Parsley, fresh - has a bit of a peppery taste.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Clean and prepare all of the vegetables and place them on a baking sheet.
- Combine olive oil, seasonings, and parsley in a small bowl.
- Brush oil mixture on vegetables. You can add more oil depending on how many vegetables you have.
- Grill for 6-8 minutes turning a couple of times or until tender.
Aren't those the most inviting veggies you've ever seen? Can you just imagine being out on the patio on a beautiful sunny day and leisurely grilling these veggies? Very nice.
🌽 Grilled vegetable recipes
- These Maitake mushrooms are marinated in a balsamic glaze and then grilled.
- A nice way to cook smaller veggies outdoors is by using this easy Grilled Vegetables in Foil recipe.
- You can even grill vegetables in a wrap like in this recipe for these Grilled Tortilla Barbecue Wraps.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
If you take a photo of your beautifully fresh grilled vegetables I would love to see it. Follow me over on Instagram and tag me on your photo @vegan_in_the_freezer.
Your opinion means a lot to me and if you'd like to leave a comment and possibly a star rating I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Grilled Vegetables Recipe
- 2 pounds Vegetables of your choice - zucchini, carrots, bell peppers, potatoes, corn on the cob, asparagus, tomatoes, sweet peppers, red onion, yellow squash or any combination you like
- ¼ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley - finely chopped
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat
- Clean and prepare all vegetables and place on baking sheet
- Combine olive oil, seasonings, and parsley in a small bow
- Brush oil mixture on vegetables
- Grill for 6-8 minutes turning a couple of times or until tender