Grilled Thai Marinated Maitake Mushrooms are glistening with a flavorful Asian marinade. One of the best tasting sides for the grill or grill pan. You will be amazed!
You know when you are planning a dinner for grilling and you would like to have an extra side dish for everyone? Well, this one is perfect. The mushrooms also pick up the color of the marinade and grill up just right.
I used my grill pan but you could sure grill these on an actual grill. You could also put your pan on the grill, or use aluminum foil, for smaller pieces so that they don’t fall through.
Maitakes come to you as a big clump and for this dish you make about 3/4″ thick slices straight through as you would a loaf of bread.
The picture below (in the pan) shows how they will look. In the photo above I stacked the Grilled Thai Marinated Maitake Mushrooms side by side and let the tops flop over for a pretty display.
I get my mushrooms through the internet from Whole Earth Harvest. They looked perfectly clean with nothing to cut away. Clean them anyway, what the hey.
Quickly run the mushrooms under water and then set them out on a paper towel. Then slice them as described above and place in a large casserole for marinading.
I am not kidding when I say this is one of the best tasting side dishes out there.
Fresh from Oregon.
Marinated and grilling for a tasty finish.
Grilled Thai Marinated Maitake Mushrooms
Grilled Thai Marinated Maitake Mushrooms are glistening with a flavorful Asian marinade.
- 2 pounds Maitake mushrooms
- Clean the maitake's by quickly running them under water.
- Set on paper towels to drain.
- Slice in 3/4" thick slices and lay out in a casserole dish or two for marinading.
Making the marinade:
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender.
- I forgot to mention that I got the wild leeks (ramps) from Whole Earth Harvest too!
- Blend until everything is smooth and completely blended.
- It only takes about a minute.
- Pour the marinade evenly over the prepared mushrooms.
- Cover the casserole with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to cook grill over medium high heat for 5 minutes on each side.
- Ready to eat!