Grilled Barbecue Tortilla Wraps are lightly grilled and stuffed with pinto beans, barbecue sauce and more. Extremely inexpensive, easy and satisfying.
It’s time to lighten up and kick back. The sun is doing it’s job and warming our days a little bit more every day. Happily, it is still grilling time.
If it’s a little chilly at your house you can use one of those grilling pans to get those cool crispy grill marks.
There is usally a holiday right around the corner. Stack up a big pile of these Grilled Barbecue Tortilla Wraps to help celebrate.
Now, that’s a celebration!
Grilled Barbecue Tortilla Wraps
- 15 ounces pinto beans - can, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup red onion - sliced
- 1 zucchini - cubed
- 1/2 barbecue sauce - to 3/4 cup
- 6 tortillas
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil - for grilling, or your favorite oil
- Heat 1 tablespoon water in a small skillet to medium heat.
- Add red onion and saute about 10 minutes or until translucent. The onion will release it's own juices so that you will not need oil.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Cube zucchini. I peel the zuke and then cut in circles that are about 1 inch thick and then I cut into quarters.
- Add the zuke and pinto beans to the pan and saute about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Lay out 6 tortillas.
- Spread 1 to 2 tablespoons of barbecue sauce all over each tortilla.
- Lay the ingredients in one long row closer to one edge than in the middle. See the photo below.
- First lay about 2 ounces of pinto beans and zucchini mixture. Then in succession lay down the sauteed onion.
- Roll up tight.
- Heat your grill and grill lightly on all four sides.
- I used a grill pan and heated about 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to medium high heat. Grill for about 4 minutes on each of the four sides.